August 13, 2014

{His "Brother from Another Mother"}

Monday (the 11th) was an extremely exciting day for Gaige. As most of you know, Gaige is not D's biological son (although he might as well be). He is the product of a "relationship" I had when I was 18. His SD (sperm donor) has not been in his life since he was a little over a year old. He chose drinking and drugs over his kid, I chose my kid over a loser. It all worked out. Gaige is head over heels for D. Calls him dad and everything.

A few years ago I learned that SD had 2 more kids, I don't know why. I guess he thought the one he already wasn't supporting or having anything to do with at all wasn't enough. Either way, Gaige got another sister and brother out of the deal. Whom I figured he would probably end up meeting as an adult because SD had no intention of ever seeing him and I don't go to their town..ever lol.

But Gaige did know about them. I've never tried to hide anything from that side from him. I just put it into words that are acceptable for a kid his age (at whatever age he would ask about his SD).

Well as it turns out SD's mom and step dad are now caring for the little boy, Jr. Who is 7yrs now. And he wanted to meet Gaige really bad lol. So we set it up. And they did.


This is the only picture that was taken. I didn't want to be all up in their faces at their first meeting. After this one though, all bets are off lol.

They it it off really well! Gaige has been a big brother for a long time, so he knows the deal and he definitely took Jr under his wing. Those sodas they're drinking...Gaige bought them lol. By the time we were all ready to leave Gaige was asking both me and my grandma if Jr. could come home with us lol.

I'm quite sure these 2 will be very good friends :). I'm just glad they got to meet and that they have some kind of connection. There's no mystery anymore.

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment