August 14, 2014

{31 Day Blogging Challenge- Day 13}

Do you have regrets?
First thing I thought of when I read this was the guy from We are the Millers. Lmao. 

I'm going to be honest there are a lot of things I regret about the choices I've made in my 31yrs. I've made many bad ones. I've made some good ones. I've had a lot of the "wtf was I thinking?!" moments. 

One thing I really regret was not trying harder in school. I'm not just talking about my grades. Which sucked. But also about the fact that I didn't join single thing when I was in school. I always wanted to do cheer or something like that, but I didn't figure I'd be able to so I didn't even attempt it. That's just one example though. I didn't try with anything in school. Not to make friends (I stuck with the ones that I've always had and didn't really branch out too much) not to date (not that I knew anyone looking to date me), I didn't do anything that I always thought I would. High school is supposed to be fun..my experience was less than that. Kinda sucks looking back.

I really regret most of the guys I dated lol. I don't regret what they taught me though. I learned what I do not want in a husband that's for sure. I also learned what I was willing to put up with. But I certainly wish I had waited until I was more mature to start dating. The guys I was picking there for a while were just...douche bags lol. Blah.

I regret not ever finishing a damn story I was writing. Ever. 

There are just so many things I could think of that I regret doing or not doing. Saying or not saying. But when it comes down to it, all the choices I made both good and not so bright are what make me who I am. I'm me because I took those paths. I ended up where I am because of those choices. And you know what? I don't regret being where I am. I'm not going to say my life is all sunshine and rainbows but its certainly better than it was but not as good as its sure to be in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment