August 18, 2014

{Starting Another School Year}

Tomorrow we meet the kids teachers. I'd be lying if I said I'm not a little sad that the summer went by so fast. But at the same time, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't glad I don't listen to them fight all the time anymore lol.

Owen is going into 1st grade. This is hard for me to believe. He was just my little nitty baby attached to my boob not that long ago. And now he's big and going to school with the big kids. *sigh* I bought him a cute new Lego bookbag and a matching lunch box. And today I picked up a Mater shirt for $3 at Walmart. He was less than excited when I told him it was for the first day of school lol. He said "I'm not wearing that the first day of school!!" We shall see who wins this fight small man. In actuality he isn't verynexcited about going this year. I just hope we don't have a repeat of last year. I don't think my nerves can take it. My only hope is that some of the boys he became friends with last year are in his class this year. I think that would probably take the edge off quite a bit.

Gaige is going into 5th grade. I talk about it not feeling like Owen is old enough but I think it shocks me that he is old enough to be on 5th even more. He's not excited about going at all. He has never really liked school and that's fine. Neither did I really. But he will have the same recourse teacher that he had last year. I think he really liked her, even though he said he didn't lol. She has really helped him quite a bit with his reading and helping find ways to teach him that work rather than making him learn the way she was teaching. I think he is more excited about showing off the book bag I got him than he is to actually go back to school lol.

Dawn is going into 7th grade. I'm not at all shocked that she is ready for this grade though. She has been behaving like a tween for a while now. Making everyone in the house crazy. She is excited to get a locker but not excited about having to dress for P.E. She loves the idea of being in junior high. I got her a cute Madden Girl back pack from Ross and she was ridiculously happy about it lol. She had to have the most supplies of anyone though which surprised me a little. In Jr high I just needed notebooks, a binder, and something to write with. Same with HS. She is quite nervous about having a lock on her P.E. locker also. I told her its not a big deal. I started using one in 5th grade. She loves the idea of having more than one teacher this year but doesn't want to get lost.

In all I think we are going to have a good year. Stay tuned tomorrow cause I'll most likely have pictures from "meet the teacher" night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment