August 12, 2014

{31 Day Blogging Challenge- Day 11}

The Last Book You Read
Technically I didn't read it. I had it read to me on audible. But it still counts!

It was Nick Carters "Facing the music and living to talk about it."

I know what you're thinking and you're right. I did only get it because it was Nick and I felt I needed to support my boys. But I ended up really liking it. And since its a self help book, this shocked me. I'm not a self help book type of person and I'll probably never read another one. But this one was really good. Probably because I "knew" him. I grew up with him. I have loved him since I was in 7th grade.
He talks about things I had no idea about, like his drug use and his binge drinking, and the fact that he almost got kicked out of BSB. He talks about things I did know about like his parents rocky marriage (if you want to call it that..it was more like disastrous) and the death of his sister Leslie.
He also talks about how he freed himself from that life. How he pulled his head out of his ass and got it together. He doesn't tell you his way is the only way or that any of it will definitely work for you. But he tells you how he did it so maybe you can get it together too.

By the end of the book..I loved him more. I always knew he wasn't perfect. No one is. And I knew about his DUIs and such. But to hear him talk about it made me feel closer. It also helped me to understand the mind of an alcoholic a little better. Since they run in my family.

I loved it. And I think everyone should read it. Addict or not. Fan or not. Its amazing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment