August 21, 2014

{31 Day Blogging Challenge- Day 18}

I'm so sorry I haven't been keeping up with this challenge. Not that it matters too much because I don't think too many people read it lol. But with back to school and all that jazz, it just hasn't been on a front burner for a while. But it's back, it's late, but it's back!

Where are you happiest?

This has got to be the easiest question I've ever been asked lol. The place I am happiest is without a doubt, on the back of a motorcycle.

I have been riding since I was little. In fact, the earliest memory I have as a child is being on the front of my dads bike. I don't know what make or model and I don't know what ever happened to it because he hasn't had it for years. But I do know it was orange. I was probably 3-4 and he would put me in front of him on the gas tank, I could lay down on it and listen to the motor running and do that "uhhh" noise kids like to do. I don't have a lot of happy memories that include my dad, so this is a big one. I guess you could say that riding is in my blood.


Here you see me, probably 3-4, sitting on the back of my grandpa Dwights bike. My uncle is the other male sitting there. I was born to be on a bike, I know it. I'm pretty sure every man in my family has a bike or did or have one at one point in time. My uncles both ride, my grandpa's both rode, and now my brother and my sisters boyfriend ride. We are a riding family.

In fact, when D and I first started messaging each other online, and he asked me out all he had to do was bring up that he had a bike and I was sold lol. It could have been the shittiest date ever. He could have been a real douche bag. But I was going to be on the back of a motorcycle for at least a few hours and that was worth it for me! Turns out he wasn't a douche and the date was amazing ;).


We even took our first vacation alone together, on the bike. Which was slightly amazing and I honestly can't wait to do it again.

It doesn't matter what kind of crappy day I'm having or what is happening around me. On the back of a bike, I am happy. I'm relaxed.

On the back of a bike is where I am absolutely the happiest.


post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment