January 18, 2015

{A Step in the Right Direction}

We have lived in this house for 3 (almost 4) years now. We have pulled up carpet and redone the dining room floor (which needs done again) and pulled up carpet in both the boys room and Dawns room. I've painted and we even painted the living room floors so we wouldn't have to go through the BS we went through with the dining room floor. We tore out the tub/shower and I painted the bathroom. But none of our projects ever seem to get done! It drives me crazy.

But today we made a step in the right direction. I went shopping with my sister and came home to the shelf D made me for behind the couch finally sanded down and stained. It looks so pretty now! Like it was there all along. We got a little lamp for it to because it's always so dark in that corner.


We also filled out some wall space and hung some of the Bev Doolittle paintings that have been sitting in our bedroom for about 2 years. His dad gave them to him when the store they were supposed to open didn't happen. They aren't staying where they are, but they'll work for covering some walls while I figure out what to do with them.

I'm sort of having a bit of a dilemma when it comes to what to do with this one wall though.


I have a whole bunch of frames that I want to hang. Different sizes and shapes. But I can't decide on what pictures to put there. I don't know if I want wedding pictures or if I should just do snap shots. I don't know! But this wall is massive and I want it full of pictures! I love family pictures on the walls :).

I thought buying a house was going to be so much fun. I can honestly say, not so much lol. Decorating is a real pain in the butt.

But I'm glad we got a little bit done today.

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment