January 13, 2015

{My name is Kristin and I am Obsessed with TV}

I know. The first step to getting help is admitting you have a problem. I'm there.

I have been a TV watcher since I was a little girl. I started out with the typical shows a girl might watch growing up in the 80's. Jem, Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Brite, Shera. But eventually I graduated to MTV and their long list of trashy reality shows, I remember the very first Real World people. The first one. I am so old. And now I have a slight obsession with far too many shows. Some of which are ending soon and not coming back :(. Please tell me I'm not the only one that makes sure to enter her favorite shows time into her phone so that she doesn't forget it's on...even though I'm already DVRing it.



Don't judge me! I've been totally honest about the fact that I have no life what so ever. TV watching is a result of that. What stay at home mom doesn't have her shows? I mean, my mom (and I believe my grandma too) watched Days of Our Lives every single day when I was growing up. Every.Single.Day. At least my shows only come on once a week!

So here are the shows that I'm currently obsessed with. Please chime in should you also have an obsession with one so that we can talk about how amazing they are and how we hope our favorite character ends up with our other favorite character..or who we hope they kill off lol.

Once Upon a Time

Are you kidding me?! Fairy Tales come to life?! Yes please! I am a huge fairy tales fan. I love them all and I love the spin this show puts on them. I have so much fun guessing who is who and what is going to happen with them. The first season was a lot of that. Since the curse Regina (the evil queen from snow white) cast made it so they couldn't remember who they were, I had to figure it out for them lol. I found this on either hulu or netflix but either way I made it through two seasons in like 2 days! I am so in love with all of it! None of the story gets boring. They've introduced new story lines (the last being Frozen) every season. It's really amazing.

Parenthood

Another show I discovered thanks to netflix. Sadly this is the last season (sad face) but I've so enjoyed following this family around the last 6 seasons. They have been through damn near everything together and it kind of reminds me of my family I think. We're always in each other business and getting pissed off but in the end we know we have each others back. This season with the dad having some health problems, I'm finding it harder to watch but I'm powering through it. I have to make sure people end up together and I need to see babies being born lol.

Girls

This one just started up again (season 4) and I can't even handle how much I love it. When I first found it on On Demand I thought it was kind of stupid to be honest. But it was also like a train wreck, I just couldn't look away and before I knew it I was through the first 3 seasons. I think I made it in like a week. It's crazy. I thought it was going to be a lot like Sex and the City but no. It's nothing like that lol. The characters are so...real. None of them seem fake to me at all which is rare. I can't wait to see how their story lines develop. I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of Ray or of Marnie...but the other characters are so good I just keep going back for more.

Grey's Anatomy

This one doesn't start again until the 29th of January. I became obsessed with this show thanks to netflix and have been obsessing about it since I made it through like 4 seasons in 2 weeks. Yes I took breaks lol. I love it. I love the drama. I love all the characters. I loved how you weren't sure if certain people would get together and then you weren't sure if they would stay together. I love how Meredith describes herself as dark and twisty. I love that they dance out their frustrations. I love that pretty much everyone on this show has hooked up with someone else and/or cheated on someone. There are so many gloriously awkward moments it's hilarious.

The Walking Dead

This one starts in just 2 weeks I think! So excited! (disregard the Oct 14th date this the premiere poster) I am not a fan of zombies. I'm scared to death of them. Which is why I didn't even watch most of the first season. D watched it though and he kept calling me into the room. Once I got past the zombies and such, I really got into the story. I find myself yelling at the TV telling them what to do and what not to do. They don't listen. Most of them are morons lol. But I keep watching. I love it! You should watch it too. Even if you're not a zombie fan.

So there you have it. 5 of my favorite shows! You should catch up on them through Netflix or On Demand and watch with me!
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment