June 7, 2016

{30 Day Blogging Challenge: Day 7}

Favorite Childhood Toys.

I was a child of the 80's and 90's.

In my opinion those were the years that toys were toys. They let you use your imagination and learn something all at the same time.


When I was little, my favorites were my little kitchen set my grandparents bought me. A little kitchen table, complete with utensils and dishes. A fridge (that had a space to put water in so you could get a drink from it), a stove, and a sink (it held water but didn't run water obviously). I played with those for hours. I think I was always supposed to be the mommy. I had all kinds of plastic foods that I would serve to people when they came over and to of course my grandparents when my cousins came over to play restaurant lol.

That's my dads mom in the background there and the back of my brothers head.

Another thing I was absolutely obsessed with for years was my Barbies. I had the Dream House in my room until I was probably 15? Not that I played with it that long lol. I'd gotten it for Christmas one year from my grandparents (who scored it from a garage sale!) and I loved it! I also had the motorhome/camper and a big pool.




Eventually my grandma and mom glued all the little plates and utensils to the tables and glued everything down that they had to keep putting back together on the pool lol.

When I was a little bit older, maybe eight? My grandma started buying me pieces to the Precious Places set. My collection grew pretty big pretty fast. My mom even cleared out a closet for me to set the whole town up in once. If you don't know what these are, they're small houses connected by a track. Each little person comes with a key that you place under the track and move them around with magnets. I used to call them my magnet people. I still have every single piece ever bought in a tote in my basement. I was hoping to have a girl I could trust to play with them too. But I don't and I won't. So in there they sit until I find some way to bring them out again.


I think that's mainly all I played with really. I mean obviously I was in to Care Bears, Rainbow Brite, Strawberry Shortcake, and Jem but these things are what I have the most memories playing with.


post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment