June 25, 2016

{30 Day Blogging Challenge: Day 25}

I know there's a theme for today, but really, no one fascinates me enough for me to make a whole blog post about them. So I thought I'd just talk about a couple things that have pissed me off in the last week instead.


First off, when I send my kid home with someone I expect them to do what they say they're going to do. If I say I don't want my kid around someone or left alone with someone, I expect them to respect that. I expect that person to answer the phone when I call and they have my child also, or at least call me back soon after if they're busy when I call. I don't think I'm asking too much here. But just this past week we sent Dawn with a relative and gave him one simple rule don't let your wife spend time alone with her. It didn't seem like too much for the normal person to handle right? But who came (without letting either D or I know) to pick Dawn up? The one person D said he didn't want her to spend time alone with. Then when D called this family member to let him know we didn't appreciate that shit at all, he refused to answer his phone or texts. I don't think anything pisses D off faster than when someone has our kid and won't answer their phone. It's impossible to trust someone who does that. Am I right? So then he finally texts back and simply says I'll just bring her home I don't want to deal with this shit. Well, you wouldn't have gotten a pissed off voicemail if he would have just did what he said he was going to do and not let this other person be alone with her. We haven't heard from this family member since, except for a vague book post about removing drama from your life. *eye roll*

Second, I recently learned that someone I thought I was helping out because she was a single mom struggling, just has poor money management skills. My sister threw her a shower for her unborn baby and has spent countless dollars gathering clothes and things for the one year old she already has. But this girl then tells my sister she gets a ridiculous amount of child support, which covers her rent (and a couple other bills) and gets paid pretty good money from her job as a CNA. I feel a little duped and I know my sister does too. We thought we were really helping her out, but in reality we were just enabling her to have extra money to do things she wanted to do instead of using it to do adult things. I don't like that crap. If you're struggling then I'll be more than happy to help you out. I know what it's like to not know what the hell you're going to do. But don't play it off like you're barely making ends meet when you could if you just managed your money better. I get it, being an adult is tough. Being a single mom is even more tough. But don't take advantage of me or my kindness.

I think that about sums up my annoyances for the week.

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment