December 8, 2015

{ #blogmas Day 8: Winter Items You Can't Live Without!}

I can honestly say that I am not one of those girls that has to have a certain kind of anything to be happy. I'm pretty laid back when it comes to creature comforts.

However there are a select few items I don't think I will ever make it through another winter without!


1. My Slipper Socks!
I got these last year around October I think. It was just starting to be cold and I was searching for another pair of slippers because my other ones poo'd out on me. When I found these babies at Walmart. They were only $5 so I picked 'em up. At that price even if I hated them I could give them to Dawn and she would like them. But I did not hate them. I put them on that same day and I didn't want to take them off!

2. My Rose Salve Lip Balm
I have the worst luck with dryness in the winter. My skin gets dry and my lips are always chapped. Until I found this stuff at Bath & Body Works a couple years ago. I first bought it to help with my flaky eye lids (please tell me I'm not the only one who gets that!) but I found that if I put a little on at bed time, I don't have to worry about dry lips either!

Now I didn't get this tube at Bath & Body Works. I was at Ulta one day and spotted it and scooped it up. Good ol' Ulta..am I right?





3. My big comfy Sherpa Blanket!
D got it for my for Christmas one year. I don't think I could ever make it through cold weather without this thing ever again. I keep it on my bed like a comforter. I'm always cold and it keeps me nice and toasty! The only thing I don't like about it is that after I washed it, the soft side kind of got all scratchy :(. But I still use it lol.

4. Grandmas Potato Soup!
This stuff is amazing! I have her make it for me every single chance I get. I've attempted to make it like hers, and mine is pretty good. But hers just tastes different. I have no idea why. The only thing I've had that even comes close is Panera's broccoli and cheddar soup. Yum! Is there anything better to eat on a cold night than a big bowl of soup?!

I think that's pretty much it. Do you have things that help you get through the winter?


post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment