December 10, 2015

{ #blogmas Day 10: Christmas Cookies!}

I am not going to lie folks, I can not make a Christmas cookie to save my life. Not a good one anyway. Sure we go ahead and do the sugar cookies, mainly because Owen loves to do them. But I have just never been able to figure out how to make them stay soft. They usually cool down and end up crumby and hard :(.

But I did find a recipe on Facebook this year that I'm going to try out.


I got it from Chef In Training and thought I'd give it a whirl. They can't be horrible right? I mean they're called the Perfect Sugar Cookie.

Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • ½ teaspoon almond extract
  • 2 Tablespoon milk
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1½ teaspoons baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
Buttercream Frosting
  • ⅔ cup butter, softened
  • 3 cups powdered sugar, add more depending on personal preference
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream, add more or less depending on personal preference. You can also use milk instead.
  • food coloring if you want to change up the color.
 Instructions
  1. In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar.
  2. Add egg, vanilla and almond extract and mix well.
  3. Add milk and beat again.
  4. Add flour, baking powder, and salt.
  5. Chill dough for about 30 minutes.
  6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  7. Roll dough about ¼ " thick onto a lightly floured surface. Cut your cookies using a cookie cutter and place on cookie sheet.
  8. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 to 12 minutes depending on your preference for chewy versus crispy cookies.
  9. Frost cooled cookies.
 Buttercream Frosting
  1. Cream butter in a large mixing bowl. Add powdered sugar, vanilla and heavy whipping cream and beat until smooth and creamy. Add more powdered sugar and/or heavy whipping cream as needed to achieve desired consistency.

I'm really hoping these turn out better than what I usually make lol. We shall see though ladies!

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment