December 2, 2015

{ #Blogmas Day 2: What Christmas Means to You}



Christmas means family to me. It's all about family. It has always been a time for all of us to get together.

My family in Arkansas would make the eight hour trip to stay with my moms dad.

A few days prior to Christmas Eve we would all gather at my grandparents house (the four us already lived there so..we just kind of hung out at home lol) where my grandma would make a big meal. We'd eat, exchange gifts, and just have a good time all around.

On Christmas Day we had a ton of places to go. My parents would load us (and all our gifts since we would take everything to our grandparents house) up and head to the Farm where my paternal grandparents lived. There we exchanged gifts and played video games. We were there for a couple hours.

Then it was off to my maternal grandfathers house. Once again there was food, gifts, and good times. My cousins and I spent the majority of the day in their finished basement. The Nintendo (oh man I'm old..) was a favorite past time. As was playing pool and watching movies on their big screen.

Later we would head back to my grandparents house where my parents would unload the van and we'd all pile in showing our grandparents what everyone got us and what Santa brought ;).

At some point either leading up to Christmas or on Christmas Day, we would have Christmas with my grandparents. Just my grandparents and the four of us. No one ever knew about it, it was just between the six of us. But it happened.

The common factor in all of our Christmas traditions is always family though. And that's what Christmas means to me, being near family, spending time getting caught up on each others lives. We spend so much of the year running around like a chicken with its head cut off that we often forget to check in with family. Christmas was a time to slow down and enjoy our family.

I love Christmas for this reason.


post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment