December 19, 2015

{ #blogmas Day 19: Christmas With Siblings!}

For the last several years now my three siblings and I have gotten together around Christmas to exchange gifts and just spend some time together. With all of us being grown and having lives of our own we don't see each other near as much as we used to.

Usually we end up at someone's house. This year my brother and his girlfriend bought the kids tickets to Midievil Times! I have never been. Neither have any of my kids or D. So it was a pretty good idea! Plus, instead of giving them a gift they'll eventually give to good will, they wanted to give them a memory. I liked the idea.

So we all loaded up in three cars and made our way to Chicago. D and I in our car with Dawn, Owen, and my niece Sophie, my two brothers and their girlfriends in another car, and my sister, her boyfriend, my nephew Keegan, and Gaige in their car. It was a full on caravan the whole three hour drive! Complete with lots of chatting back and forth through Facebook to let each other know when someone had to pee or when someone was bored (which started about 20min in for my brothers girlfriends).


Getting to this place was no peice of cake. The construction struggle in IL is real. I swear they tear up perfectly good roads just to annoy the piss out of people. Blah.

But we did make it with about 15 minutes to spare.

D bought the two little boys swords that light up.

We were in the red section. Not good picture talk ng light at all lol.

I took so many pictures! The kids had a lot of fun. Even though Gaige tried really hard not to.

Dawn even caught a flower from one of the knights!


And then it was over...and we went home. Everyone was so beat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment