November 11, 2016

{My New Baby!}

Oh my goodness you guys! I just can't even express how excited I am right now! I feel like I'm always saying that lol. But for real, it's so amazing!

D had a sleep study to go to yesterday morning. He woke me up and told me he was leaving, I heard the door shut. I got up a few minutes later assuming he had left and was off to his appointment. Just as Owen and I were getting ready to leave the house, in walks D.
A little surprised I ask what he's doing home already. He says the truck (his dad gave it to him a few years ago as a work vehicle for when he can't ride the bike to work) won't start. He drove it home no problem from work that morning, but when he went out to start it after taking a shower, he couldn't get it to turn over. He said he thought the fuel pump was bad. But it was to the point where he didn't want to put any more money into it. He decided instead to head to the dealership where we got my Tucson and see if they had a small truck he could buy for a little bit of nothing. I tagged along.

Now let me say this, I love that Tucson. It's dependable and has given us zero problems since getting it about five years ago. It has seen us through a few different trips and countless trips to the grocery store. I had no desire to have a new vehicle.

Which made it all the more shocking when we couldn't find a truck he wanted and he told the salesman to search for cars in our price range instead. I looked at him and said, you're not going to be able to haul anything in a car. He then says, Well I thought I'd just get you a new car and I'd take the Tucson. Ah! I love it when he changes his mind spur of the moment like that!

Anyway, when we couldn't find anything either of us were comfortable with at that dealership, we headed to the Hyundai dealership about 20min away. As D put it to the salesman helping us, we are a brand family. I know I love my Tucson and I knew I wanted another Hyundai if I was going to get a different car.

We spent pretty much the whole day there, we test drove two cars. One Hyundai and one Kia. D insisted that we should think about the Kia because then I could say Don't make me get out the Kia! (if you don't know where that's from...you're missing out on the hilariousness!) We ended up not falling in love with the one we drove though and I did fall in love with the Hyundai Elantra we drove.

After some debating and negotiating, we drove off with this!


It's a 2014 Hyundai Elantra! I'm basically in love with it! The inside is clean people! It won't stay like that for long, but it is right now lol. The best part is that it has Bluetooth so my phone hooks right up to it and I don't have to use anything but my phone and the radio when I want to listen to my music. I know that's not exciting for everyone, but it's really exciting for me. The Tucson doesn't have that. It has a tape deck (that doesn't work because the adapter got stuck in it somehow) and a CD player. But who uses CD's anymore? I mean sure I keep my Nick and BSB CD's in my car, but I don't really use them.

Anyway, it's amazing. And D brought up something even more unbelievable. For the first time in our relationship we both own cars that we bought ourselves. They didn't come from a junk yard and they aren't hand me downs. We have come so far from where we started. And I'm pretty proud of us. But even more proud of my husband, who works so hard to give us these things. He's really the most awesome husband in the world!

So that's what I did yesterday!


-Kristin

0 comments:

Post a Comment