October 30, 2017

{Ramblings of a Tired Mom}

I know it's been a little bit since I blogged last, I haven't really had a moment to sit down and do that until now. Well, I mean, I have but it wasn't a priority. So I thought since I've got the laundry going and Harry Potter playing in the background, I'd jump on and see if I can't fill you all in on the fun that's been happening in my neck of the woods lately.

For starters, I got another job! My sister started working in the laundry department at a local nursing home and when they decided to hire someone (to replace someone who is retiring in November) she told me to submit my application! So I did! And I got the job! Since then it's been a little crazy around here. It feels like I'm never home. And my house is starting to show it. Although D did pick things up a few times so it didn't look like homeless people had been squatting here anymore. But you can tell that I haven't been home to clean lol.



I know what you're all thinking. How is Owen dealing with you being gone all the time? Everyone knows that he is a mama's boy (and that's the way I like it!) and has a hard time being away from me (he has always been this way, the perks of breastfeeding for the three years and being home with him every single day). To be honest, when he found out I was getting a job, he was less than pleased. He kept asking me why I needed to get a job. And then he asked me If you're at work, then who's going to cook for me? LOL Obviously he thought I'd be asleep all day and gone all night D (who works third shift), but once I explained to him that that is not the case, he accepted it a little easier. I also explained to him that if I have my own money then we can go do stuff and it won't matter if daddy has money or not lol. That really helped him come to terms with it! LOL

As far as the actual job goes; I don't hate it. In fact, I kind of like it. I don't mind doing laundry. The work isn't hard. I wear scrubs (basically pajamas) to work. So far everyone I've met has been polite and welcoming. Everyone seems to like their job, or at least they tolerate it around people lol. As soon as my hours even out and I'm done training, I think I'll like it a lot better. It's quite a bit to remember sometimes. But once I get the hang of it I'm sure it's easy peasy lemon squeezey.

Moving on to other things, Dawn seems to be really trying to work my nerves lately. The other day she was supposedly doing her homework. When I walked into the dining room she was sitting with her back to the wall (so you couldn't seen what she was doing on the chrome book) with the brightness turned all the way down (also so you couldn't see what she was doing). Naturally I sat down and clicked through her open tabs. One of which was movie star planet (one of those role playing games with a bunch of pedophiles roaming it), a site she was told not to visit anymore because of the aforementioned pedophiles. When confronted with the fact that I knew what she was doing she simply said I don't think I should have to stay off of it, so I got on it. Yeah.

While she was standing in the corner as punishment (because that's what works) she told me that if you're so tired of grounding me then why don't you just let me do what I want? I'm going to anyway.

Yes. That's an actual thing that spilled out of her mouth.

Of course we had the talk about how she can do whatever she wants. But there's always consequences for your actions. So she can continue to do things she knows she's not supposed to do, but her dad and I will continue to punish her accordingly. She then told me that the rules you want me to obey now are not the same the ones I'll have to obey in the world LOL I laughed at that one. I have more rules now as an adult than I ever did as a kid lol. But that's something you have to learn on your own right?

Also, Gaige has grown a good foot in the last couple months. He's going to be ten feet tall pretty soon I swear.

So that's what I'm up to these days.


-Kristin

0 comments:

Post a Comment