November 6, 2017

{Working It Out}

I have officially been employed for two weeks and I'm going to come right out and say it.

I enjoy having somewhere to be in the morning besides the school drop of line.

I enjoy being able to plan out what to get people for Christmas and not have to ask D for money.

As soon as I get my first actual pay check, I'm sure I'll enjoy the money too. In fact, I've already got places for it.

I've really been thinking about how my little check can contribute to getting our debt paid off. We are still paying on the Disney loan from last year and we have a credit card that needs paid off too. So we put our heads together and decided that if we both paid in to the Disney loan we could get it paid off a lot faster.

And I think we all know what that means right? Yeah. We get to go back that much sooner! In fact, I'm going to book our next trip next Christmas! Woohoo! I know, no one gets as exited about Disney as I do lol.

As far as the rest of my check goes, I just have to handle my own credit card payments (which I rarely use to be honest). I'm also buying gifts for D this year.

I have always hated it that I had to spend his money on his gift. So this year I have money to get him some things he's been hinting at wanting. But since he reads this sometimes, I can't say what I have planned just yet lol.

As far as the actual job goes, I like it. I like working with my sister. It's not challenging in the slightest. I hit my step goal without even trying though lol. Gotta love that right?

Basically what I do is wash, dry, and fold laundry. Both residents clothes and linen for the nursing home.

I enjoy interacting with the residents too, even though I don't get to do that very often.

All the people that work there are super nice so far too. I mean, there's been some friction between me and the woman who "runs" the laundry department. But I'm hoping eventually she will let up and I won't have to flip out on her. I enjoy everyone else though lol.

So that's what's happening lately.

What have you all been up to?


-Kristin

0 comments:

Post a Comment