October 31, 2017

{I'm Not Trick-Or-Treating Next Year!}

I'm not trick-or-treating next year, that's what came out of my ten year old's mouth tonight.  Why you might be wondering?

Well, tonight he decided he wanted to stay in town and go door to door begging for candy. Fine with me.


He went to about four houses before we came to one with several spooky decorations. He hates Halloween decorations. This is the first year he even went willingly into the Halloween store with me.

This particular house had some smoke, nothing horrible, a small little undead goblin looking thing standing right by the walk way. He got past that. Then he got to the porch where what looked like a scare crow sitting on a chair, was actually a moving scare crow. Its head just went up and down but it wasn't for him to come running back to the car. He wanted no part of it. He didn't want to do any more houses and he didn't want to even hit the houses with no decorations at all.

We went home.

Some people might think he's a baby because of it. But I feel like he's just not the type of kid that wants to be scared. And that's OK. There are adults that don't like to be scared.

So folks, that was my Halloween.

Luckily we went trick-or-treating with my sister and nephew on Sunday. So he didn't miss out on anything, he got plenty of candy from that night.

I didn't get any pictures of him trick-or-treating either sadly. I'm slacking this year I guess. I really just wasn't into it all lol. But I did get a picture of him in his hoodie that he got for his birthday. This was also his costume, we just got him some shoe covers that looked like boots lol.



-Kristin

0 comments:

Post a Comment