May 6, 2016

{I Need a Mom-Cation}

I would call it a vacation but in reality all I need is a time out from being a mom. Easier said than done right?

I just want to curl up in a bed I don't have to make with a book and not worry about someone barging in 10 minutes later asking me for something.

I want to take a hot bath without someone barging in and either A. Needing to pee/poo or B. Wanting to ask me questions they could have easily asked their dad.


I want to go somewhere that I don't need to get up and change out the laundry. And where I never run out of clean towels. Where the hell are all the towels at anyway?! I know I wash those bastards every single day. I do a whole load of them. The next day..my cupboard is empty again. You can bet they'll turn up when I've got the laundry baskets all empty though. Oh yes. They'll magically appear when I'm thanking god all the laundry is done. I don't know where they come from. It's like they sense I'm relieved to be done so they poof themselves to where they should have been in the first place.

I want to drink. I'm not that into alcoholic beverages. I know wine is really popular right now, I don't like it. I'm a captain and diet coke kind of girl. But I don't drink around my kids. And since those little heathens are always around, that means I never drink. Even when I want to (which is rare on its own).

To be completely honest I just want one night where I'm wondering what my kids are doing and what they're getting in to. I feel like sometimes I have to watch them more now than I did when they were little. How is that even possible? How I ask you! If one of them isn't trying to sneak stuff then the other is outside doing things he shouldn't be and the girl is standing there watching. It's insane.

I just want one night. Just one. Maybe two. OK. I want three. I'll take three nights where I'm not a mom. Can that be done?

Ugh. You're telling me it can't be done aren't you? You're laughing and shaking your head because once a mom always a mom. Even if I'm not around them, even if I'm four states away, I'll still wonder what they're doing and what they're getting into because that's my job.

I'm screwed.


post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment