May 30, 2016

{A Walk Down Memory Lane- High School Edition}

I was sitting here thinking about how fast this school year has gone by when I realized that it has been 15 years since I graduated high school. I just don't even know what to do with that information. How has 15 years passed already? What the hell have I done in the last 15 years that would make me not realize that much time had passed? And then I remembered what I'd done, I'd had babies, gotten married, grown up. I've lost people I love and made new friends. So much has happened in those 15 years.
Then I decided to pull out some pictures and take a walk down memory lane. Of course I thought Hey this would make a great blog post! So here I am!

Before I get to the pictures though can I just say that graduating high school was a big deal for me. I struggled through the entire four years. I hated school. When I say hated I mean hated. I rarely did homework. If I did it I didn't turn it in. I drove my grandmother crazy lol. But after taking a few freshman classes during my senior year (because I failed them) and doing correspondence courses my junior year, I managed to get enough credits to graduate. Barely. Just barely. The saying by the skin of my teeth comes to mind when I think about how close to not graduating I actually was. All of this is why I am on top of Gaige and Dawn so much about their school work. I don't want it to be a fight or struggle all through high school. I want them to have fun. I want them to be proud of themselves for graduating. Lord knows I had to work my ass off to get there.

So here we go! My high school graduation (now remember, some of these are pictures of pictures because I'm too lazy to scan them all lol).


We walked in in pairs. I walked with I think his name was Dustin. He didn't go to my school but a couple years and we didn't have any classes together. His sister was dating my cousin at the time though.


I wish there was video of this moment. My family was hollering and whistling and being just general nut cases lol. Doing their best to embarrass me. It didn't work, I was used to them at this point lol.


Go me!

After graduation we (my entire family and I) went to a local bar/restaurant for dinner.

 This is called a fit. The story goes that when I was little (four maybe?) I got mad and flopped down on the floor and proceeded to have what resembled a silent seizure. My grandma finally asked me what I was doing and I said having a fit. So my aunt and uncle got me this pink ball of yarn with eyes and attached is a small note saying that if I ever need to throw a fit again, I can throw this one lol.

 Me and my little brother, Dustin. He is literally huge now lol.


Awww. Look at 18 year old Kristin. So optimistic about the future. No real idea what the hell she was going to do though. And I'm still not sure.

I have so many more pictures from that day but I don't want to overload you all. I can't wait for my kids to finally graduate high school so I can take a ton of pictures and they can look back at these memories themselves!


post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment