January 15, 2010

{Just A Bunch of Crap}

I seriously have nothing to blog about, but I didn't want to leave anyone hanging lol. So I thought I'd just blabber on and on and hope that someone cares ;).

I lost my phone for 3 days over the (last) weekend. I was lost. I had no idea what to do without it. It's crazy how much you can really depend on something like that. We found it on Sunday though, behind the couch, under the curtains. Thanks Bug. But while it was lost D brought up that I probably have an upgrade coming up...we checked...I do! Apparently it comes up in March, so guess what Kristin has been busy doing? lol Yup, obsessing about phones! We all know my love for my Centro. My first smartphone. It's one of the best purchases I've ever made. So, naturally I sort of want to stick to the palm company. Their Pre does nothing for me what so ever. I don't like the sliding phones so much, it's annoying. The Pixi I enjoy a lot. It's got a 2mp camera, but no video..which I use but not a lot. I love the design, how big the window is which is the only complaint I have about the Centro. And lets not be silly, I also like the idea of having a phone called a Pixi lol. Is that dumb? Then we have the Blackberries. Everyone has them. My brother swears by them. So I found one I like, the Curve. What do you guys think? Do you have any of those 3? What do you think of them? I use it for everything. E-mail, phone, calendar, facebook/myspace/twitter, pretty much everything. So if any of those phones suck for any of those things, let me know :-).

I got the kids report cards today. Drama Queen brought all her grades up, G is still failing English and Spelling which I find odd considering he's passing Phonics. I don't really get it. I called his ped. to ask if there was some different meds we could try. He was on Focalin last year but it really did nothing for him at all. He either needs something different or stronger. Something. Something must give. If I can't get him straightened out soon, he'll be down hill for the rest of his school career. I don't want that. I know how hard it is to go through school with problems and struggling. I don't want that for him. I want him to be OK in school at least, I def. want him to get better grades. Especially now. I guess we'll see what his doctor says.

D, his dad, and his dads friends are starting up a business. I don't really get what they're going to sell. But is it weird that I don't really think it will last? I dunno, maybe it's just because our own business is not a guaranteed pay check every week. I don't want to worry about that. At CAT we're OK. We're struggling a little right now, but we're doing OK. I don't want to lose that kind of security I guess. Does that make me a bad girlfriend?


2 comments:

  1. My boys have trouble in English and spelling. They aren't exactly related to phonics. Phonics is a sound system. Spelling is memory and english is more about knowing the rules of grammar and narratives. It's difficult for kids with little attention spans to grasp. My son had these issues when he was 6,7,8. Then we finally gave into medication. The medication made him sick. Now we have him on adderall (sp). It seems to be working. It is a long process getting the medicine at the right levels so the kid can function.

    As far as English and Spelling...I was told by my 6 year old's teacher to not pressure him, instead add it into daily life. For example, get a notebook and have him/her tell you a story. You write it out. Or you have him write a story and then you help him fix the errors. Spelling, I always have my kids write them over and over again. LOL. Nothing better than rote memory. :)

    Good luck. I have 4 kids to. They all vary in abilities. It is difficult to keep up sometimes! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the advice :). I'm going to try out the story idea, I like it. He is constantly writing so it's not like he doesn't know how, and he sounds out the words he just usually doesn't get them spelled right. His teacher told me to have him write his spelling words over and over too. He has his regular spelling homework that he has to write each word 3 times, then I make him write them again 5 times each. Last week he did MUCH better on his spelling test because of this. He also has a problem with staying focused on one thing, which is partly his gender lol.

    ReplyDelete