December 7, 2013

{25 Days of Blogmas: Day 7}

Most Memorable Christmas
 
Honestly I don't remember too many Christmases that were so amazing that I would like to tell people all about them. I'm not going to sit here and say there aren't some that were pretty good. But if you want the truth, none of them were stellar. Which is kind of sad when I think about it. 
 
A Christmas that I could tell you about though is from when I was about 13 or 14. You see, my grandparents along with all my aunts & uncles had decided to get a cabin a few years prior to this. They took us all the way to the cabin to check it out, it was friggin' amazing! Complete with tons of rooms, a hot tub, and a huge hill out the back door for sledding. But last minute our mom decided we couldn't go. Not because she didn't want to (because I know she did) but because my dad refused to go. *Eye roll* What kind of mother lets their children miss out on something like that (especially when they had already seen it so we knew what we were missing) just because their dad doesn't want to go. And I never have gotten an explanation for that one. I never will. *Sigh* 
 
Anyway- to make up for that Christmas my gradparents went ahead and arranged this trip again to another cabin. Now, it wasn't as nice as the first. It was basically a house with a number of bedrooms and it didn't hardly snow that year so I don't really remember much sledding going on. But the part that was the most memorable, was spending that much time with my cousins. My aunts and uncles were all there, even the ones from Arkansas made it! Albeit late and my one uncle and I went searching for them after it got to be pretty late (this was of course before cell phones were in every ones purse and back pocket). It ended up being a pretty amazing Christmas. One that I won't soon forget happened, although nothing overly exciting came out of it lol.
 
I wish I had some pictures to show you, but like the cell phones, everyone there didn't have a camera. So all the pictures are at my grandparents house. I can tell you it is something I remember fondly enough that I want to do it with my kids one day. Pile all of my siblings in cars and make the drive to a real cabin to spend Christmas together.
 
Lets make it happen guys!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment