December 11, 2013

{25 Days of Blogmas: Day 11}

Favorite Christmas Tradition

My favorite tradition is probably breaking out the teddy bear advent calendar and letting the kids count down to Christmas. I know that's not very exciting. But the tradition comes from my mom. She bought the calender from some kind of magazine when we were kids. When she was done with it, I stole it from her ;) The kids have always enjoyed watching the bear go from the 1st to the 24th. And it saves me having to answer the "how many more days until Santa comes?" questions. 


A new tradition that we're starting this year though is the Christmas Eve box :). I found the idea on pinterest first and then it started showing up on my facebook feed. I got the kids each a set of PJ's and a movie so far. I want to get them each a cup, some cocoa mix, and mini marshmallows too though..oh and pop corn. We're going to D's grandmas around noon on Christmas Eve so we should be home in plenty of time to open their boxes and watch all 3 movies :)

I honestly can't wait to see their faces when I tell them they can open a gift early lol.

What are some of your favorite Christmas traditions?

0 comments:

Post a Comment