April 10, 2017

{What's In My Teenage Son's Easter Basket?}

I don't know about any of you, but it's becoming increasingly difficult for me to find things to put in this kids Easter basket. He's not a big candy eater and obviously doesn't play with toys anymore. His main source of entertainment these days is his phone, his friends, and guns. Yeah. So that doesn't leave a whole lot of options for things to fill an Easter basket with.


So this year I went with the obvious. Snacks. I bought all kinds of snacks for this kid, Pringles, Beef Jerky, Slim Jims, and some king size Snicker's bars. I threw in a couple Cliff Bars too because he seems to like those. I buy them in bulk at Costco when I remember to. It keeps him out of all the other snacks in the house.

Outside of food, I got him some new headphones courtesy of the Target $1 Spot. He is forever losing or breaking his headphones. I don't know where they go or how he breaks something like that, but it seems to happen more and more frequently. Perhaps they're in that mess of a room he has upstairs. I don't know.

He told D the other day that he wants a new scope for rifle. So D bought one on Amazon (thank you Prime!) and it should be here in a couple days.

On top of that we put some flip flops in his basket too. He is always walking down to the river to fish in the summer and since it's getting warmer we anticipate him doing that more often soon. Flip flops will be so much easier for him to walk through water in than the motorcycle boots he currently wears. Plus, he can just hose them off when he gets home instead of tracking the mud through the house or making me wash them in the washer (which is taking a beating on a daily basis anyway).

I also got him a Google Play card so that he can buy music on his phone. He is always wanting to download music and I don't really want the crap he listens to on my play list lol.

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures. There's just nothing exciting about the stuff we bought him. I foresee us just giving him eggs full of cash next year lol.


-Kristin

0 comments:

Post a Comment