March 9, 2015

{4 Books You Should Pick Up!}

If you know me at all you know that I'm a huge bookworm. From the time I learned to read, you could always catch me with a book in my hands. I was even one of those girls that would be sitting there reading while out to dinner with my grandparents. Yep. That was long before we kids had IPhones and tablets on them at all times. And I've come across some books over the last few years that I recommend to people all the time. So I thought I'd just put up a little list of a few of my favorites and maybe you'll find something you like too!



If you end up reading one of these please let me know so we can talk about it! :)

1. The Help
This book absolutely lived up to the hype. If you remember right a few years ago it was the book to read. I was no exception to those jumping on the band wagon. I'm glad I did. I've read it twice since then. I love a story set in the past and I love how it tells a meaningful story.

Aibileen is a black maid in 1962 Jackson, Mississippi, who's always taken orders quietly, but lately she's unable to hold her bitterness back. Her friend Minny has never held her tongue but now must somehow keep secrets about her employer that leave her speechless. White socialite Skeeter just graduated college. She's full of ambition, but without a husband, she's considered a failure. Together, these seemingly different women join together to write a tell-all book about work as a black maid in the South, that could forever alter their destinies and the life of a small town...


2. Sookie Stackhouse Series
To be honest I wouldn't have ever picked up one of these books if I'd never discovered True Blood on demand one night. Once I found out the show was based on the books, I picked them up. D actually got me the whole set of the first 5-6 books for Christmas. I went through them all in a week lol. They are about a waitress in Louisiana while it has just been discovered that vampires are real and have come out of the coffin! Oh they're so good! Read the entire series!

Cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse is no typical Southern belle. She can read minds. And she’s got a thing for vampires. Which, in a town like Bon Temps, Louisiana, means she’ll have to watch her back—and neck...



3. Suzannes Diary for Nicholas
I haven't read this one in a while but I remember all of it. It's certainly a tear jerker.

Katie Wilkinson has finally found the perfect man - but one day he suddenly disappears, leaving behind only a diary written by a new mother named Suzanne for her baby, Nicholas. In it she intimately reveals the romance between herself and the child's father, her hopes for their marriage, and her unparalleled joy in motherhood. As Katie reads on, she realizes that the man she loves is Suzanne's husband. Now, filled with terror and hope, Katie must struggle to understand what has happened - and find out if her new love has a prayer of surviving.



4. Lock and Key
I am a lover a Young Adult novels. Sarah Dessen is by far my very favorite author in this genre. This book (although I love them all) is in my top 2 favorites. It's about a girl whos mom is basically unfit and she ends up going to live with her sister and her husband after not seeing her for years.

Ruby is used to taking care of herself.

But now that she’s living with her sister, she’s got her own room, she’s going to a good school, and her future looks bright.

Plus there’s the adorable boy next door.

Can Ruby learn to open her heart and let him in?


Notice that I did not include 50 Shades ;). As much as I love those books, they're not for everyone and right now they are everywhere. So if you want to pick them up..do that (you should lol).

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment