October 2, 2017

{Owen's Birthday Treats!}

Can we talk about how sad I am that Owen is going to be ten already? It doesn't feel like he should be this old. It feels like he should still be a bitty baby, hanging on me all day and night. But here he is. Growing up. Too fast.


So naturally with Owen having a birthday on Tuesday, I started thinking about what kind of treat he could take in to his class. He usually takes cupcakes or donuts, but when I messaged his teacher to find out if anyone had allergies, she said she has a little boy with a dairy allergy. Then she said not to worry about him because he would have his own snack (birthday treats are passed out during snack time). Well, I don't like that. I don't like leaving a kid out. It's not how I was raised. So, I asked Owen if he could think of something dairy free to bring instead.

He came up with goodie bags. So we headed to Target over the weekend and scooped up some goodies for the kiddies lol.


We walked around for a good twenty minutes searching for things he could fill his bags with. We chose a Halloween bag (it reminded us of the faces from the Voo-Doo man on The Princess Frog), some Halloween minion suckers, erasers shaped like food (I love these!), and silly straws. I'm going to pick up some pretzels to so that it's also a snack.

But I figured even if the boy who can't have dairy can't eat the pretzels or sucker, he will still get the same bag as the other kids.

-Kristin

0 comments:

Post a Comment