August 31, 2016

{The Reason This World Is Messed Up}

I was scrolling through my Instagram popular page yesterday and came across someones post saying You don't have to respect an adult if they don't respect you. Uh. No?


See this statement right here is why this world is going to hell in a hand basket all around us.

I 100% believe that this has to do with the way children are being raised these days. Everyone is so damn scared to discipline their kids that they're not disciplining them. You know where that leads people? It leads to asshole unruly kids who become asshole adults. It leads to children who feel the world owes them for simply existing who grow up to be adults that who believe the world owes them for existing. It's absolutely insane. These kids today who refuse to work hard for anything, who insist that they should graduate high school and in turn have a job handed to them where they do basically nothing but watch Netflix and play on a console all day, but rake in six figures.

That's not how the world works.

You don't get something for nothing. Go to work, pull your weight, and eventually an opportunity will come along that will get you where you want to be.

I really believe that my generation was the last to know what work is.

But I'm getting off subject, Respect is earned yes. When it's between two adults. A child must learn to give respect to everyone. Have I had adults disrespect me as a child? Hell yes! But could I still give respect to that person? Yes.

And while I'm thinking of it, what is this BS of people thinking that being polite to someone you don't particularly care for is being two faced or fake? It comes back to respect. As humans, if we just used the old adage speak how you would want to be spoken to we would all be in a better place. I don't have to be your best friend or even want to be in the same room with you, to be polite to you.

Maybe this way of thinking comes from being raised by my grandparents. They would have had a shit fit if I would have been rude to someone just because I don't like them. And I never would have heard the end of it. The words I can't believe you would act like that coming from my grandpa's mouth were the same as if he would have said I'm so disappointed in you.

Being two faced is when you pretend to be friends with someone, hang out with them, and then talk shit behind their bike to everyone else. Being polite when you're around them is the furthest thing from being two faced. It's being an adult.

So how about we all start respecting everyone and start teaching our kids respect instead of teaching them that it needs to be earned. How about we start instilling some old fashion values in our kids? If we don't, this world is screwed and we will have no one to blame but ourselves.

**Steps off soap box.


-Kristin

0 comments:

Post a Comment