August 24, 2016

{All Alone Once Again}

The boys had their first day of school yesterday! I never thought I would see the day when I was happy to have this house to myself and not at least have Owen around, but I kind of love it. I get up and get them off to school. Well, actually I wake up and make sure the older two are awake and getting ready and then I go back to bed until it's time to get Owen up. He doesn't have to be at school until 8:26 (actually he can't walk through the doors until then). But after I'm done dropping him off I can come home and I have about seven hours before I have to be at the school again. I enjoy it.

The first day went off without a hitch. Gaige has to be up no later than 6:30 and sure enough when I got up, he was up and already ready to walk out the door. Which meant he had enough time to hang out and watch TV if he wanted to (and he did). I also tortured him with my picture taking. I have to! How else will I remember how tiny he used to be?


Would you look at where his shoulders are on that door from last year? I always knew he was going to be a big kid. All of the men in my family are tall (both sides) and most of the men on his SD's fathers side are super tall. So I'm not surprised that he's turning out to be super tall, I just wasn't ready to see it yet.

This year, because his school is connected to Owens, I can pick him up after school. I think he kind of likes it. He was pretty excited to get to tell me all about his first day. He said he liked his classes and teachers. He got lost twice changing classes, but that's to be expected in a new school. He really just likes that he can get picked up instead of having to ride the bus home (which he hates). He can still ride his bike though if he chooses. Which he probably will at some point.


I had to sneak this one. He was in the middle of saying No pictures! Which funny enough is exactly what he would say when he was little bitty cause I always had a camera in his face lol.

Owen my little third grader *tear*. He is a school lover. It took him a while to find out that he liked it, especially after Kindergarten and that traumatic experience. But he eventually made friends and now he loves it. He has really come out of his shell since starting school too.

 

He is just like his brother and hates to have his picture taken, but he refuses to stand by the door lol. So I just have to take his picture at his desk and after school when he's walking out. Which I did.


Do you see that cute little boy standing there? Yeah. He's mine! This is after school and at his pick up doors.


This face basically says how his day went. He said one of his friends from last year is in his class. Which helps him a ton with not being nervous.

Over all I think both had a good day. I could not be happier with that. What sucks is that this is the last year at this school for Owen. Next year he goes to the Intermediate school and I'm kind of heart broken about it. It's also a really confusing school to get around (at least it is for me) so I hate the thought of him going over there. Blah. Maybe we'll be moved by then lol.


-Kristin

0 comments:

Post a Comment