August 12, 2016

{Officially a High Schooler}

Well that was a friggin' process. It took me an hour and a half to register Dawn today. Why so long? Because I had to leave the school and come back twice after realizing I didn't have everything they needed. So annoying.


We dropped off her shot records and health related stuff last month, it was supposed to save us time. And it would have. Had I not had to return home to get D's divorce papers that state he has sole physical custody of both Dawn and Tristen. Then when we got to proof of residency, our tax papers weren't enough proof. I had to return back home to get D's ID and three pieces of mail with our name and address on them. It was a hassle mainly because we throw away our bills after we pay them and most of our bills are paid online. We don't even get a physical bill. Ugh!

Why do they need so much proof that we are living where we say we are? Because the fee for this school year is only $2.50. Yes, you read that right, $2.50. I paid about $150 to register both boys. I guess because they don't charge a tuition they want to make sure that everyone who registers is actually living in this district. Which I kind of understand, but holy crap. It's easier to get a new drivers license than it is to register her for school.

I'm not looking forward to going through the same in two years when I have to register Gaige.

I picked up her planner, ID, and headed to the fee table. But wouldn't you know it, they had no way of taking any kind of card lol. Who the hell doesn't take cards at this point? I mean, aren't there those slider things you can get attached to your phone? Seems like they would want to make it as easy as possible on people. Not to mention themselves. So I went back home and just paid it online lol.

But I officially have a high schooler. How is that even possible?

I leave you with this little gem though. This is the picture for her ID. She is killing me. She looks like she's high, she did nothing with her hair, she's not even close to smiling. She looks miserable to be honest. I don't know where the hell she gets that from! I can't have a picture taken of me where I'm not smiling.


But this is what she's working with for the next year.

-Kristin

0 comments:

Post a Comment