February 7, 2014

{Today Didnt Suck}

This morning started off pretty crappy. I got up semi early and got little ready for school. We were doing good on time for the first time in a long time lol.
But then my luck took a nose dive and so did I. Our back porch is covered in snow and ice. Its not super slick but because the snow is covering the ice you can't really tell where it is. Blah. The joys of IL in the winter right?
So I'm holding on to little so he won't fall (cause he is scared shitless of falling on the ice after he did it once this year already), and I go to step off the porch but instead of hitting the step, I landed on a pile of snow. Of course I was on my knees 2 seconds later. And to top it all off I rolled my ankle while stepping into the snow. Ouch!
All this stressed little out. He just kept asking me if I was OK and then he asked if honey (which is what he calls D) was going to take him to school. Nope. I picked myself up and took him to school. I don't like to mess with his routine any more than I have to.
After taking him to school D and I headed to Costco where we were going to purchase our new TV. Which we didn't realize wasn't even open yet lol. It worked out for us though cause we ended up at Target and bought a TV there instead :). We got an Element 42” (it might be a 40). Brought it home and it looks pretty awesome on our wall :). I'll be glad when I don't have to look at the cords on the wall :/.

After that we headed to 2 different restores in search of a mantle to create our own fireplace. Neither had what we were looking for. As luck would have it though, craigslist did :). So I emailed a couple people about their ads on there. *fingers crossed* someone still has theirs.
Oh! And since the kids TV in the toy room is taking a crap (its crazy old) we are gonna put our old TV in there. The boys are gonna love being able to actually see their video games.
So there we have it. That was my day. How was yours?

0 comments:

Post a Comment