December 31, 2012

{Happy New Year!!}

I was talking to a few friends of mine today and there are so many of us that are setting goals for the new year. Not really resolutions because those are like a dead beat dads promises, made to be broken. So I got to thinking, what are my goals? Obviously I want to lose weight and that's at the top of my list. So most of mine are centered around that. But I also go to thinking about how I'm going to make that happen. Especially in the winter when it's so cold! I set up monthly goals this year. And here is how it's going to work.

January: Establish a workout routine. I have a tendancy of saying I want to lose weight but then sitting on my butt all day and around 5pm realizing I didn't do anything to help me even burn a single calorie. I've found a channel on hulu.com that I think I'm going to try out. If I like that, I'll stick to it. There is also this video on youtube that I have done before and I like. I have also been a pinning machine and found some good workouts that way too!

February: Count those calories. An amazing app that I found is MyFitnessPal for Android (also available for iphone). Not only does it give you the app, you can also log your calories and exercise on your PC! Which is super handy! It allows you to scan a barcode and automatically add it to your food too which I find very useful when the food I'm eating isn't in the (extremely long) list of foods.

March: No Fast Food. Although I plan on cutting back on fast food in Jan & Feb, I want to cut it out entirely for this month. No more glorious McDonalds or driving up to Hardees at 8pm when I get a craving for a Monster burger (oh yeah...I've done that). No I'll give it all up this month. Sure I might miss the fries and the delicious filet-o-fish that McDonalds offers. But we all know fast food is the root of all fat. So ya gotta just cut it out..cold turkey.

April: No Soda. This one is going to be especially tough for me. I already can't drink anything but Pepsi Max because regular pepsi gives me a headache and makes me bloated. But giving up my awesome pepsi max will probably kill me. Just sayin' lol.

Now I think I could make an entire plan for the whole year, but I think 4 months worth is plenty for a starter. I don't want to set myself up to fail right off the bat with moving too fast or looking too far in the future. So that is what I'll be doing. What are your goals for this year?

0 comments:

Post a Comment