December 20, 2012

{It's beginning to look a lot like CHRISTMAS!!}

Seriously you guys I have been waiting for it to snow since November! I love the snow! And living in IL it doesn't really feel like Christmas until it snows. So you can imagine how completely bummed I was last year when it barely got cold..let alone decided to snow. This year though everyone said that we'd get crazy snow because of how hot it was over the summer. I was starting to doubt them. Up until yesterday it was still pretty warm out. It was looking like it might be a 'green' Christmas rather than a 'white' one. *sigh* And then a good friend of mine in WI said she was getting snow...which made me jealous. But then I realized Hey! If she's getting it, maybe it'll move down here. That's when they started calling for snow! Of course all we got was rain. But then my friend further north in IL (closer to Chicago) said she was getting snow!! In fact, she said it was damn near a blizzard! I figured it'd die down before it made it's way to us though. Not the case!!

It started coming down around 230 or 3 this afternoon. I took this picture out my back door shortly after it started sticking.

Photobucket

I know it doesn't look like a lot right there, but the ground is covered now at 10pm! It's so exciting! I can't wait to get the kids out in it tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow...how about that doomsday? You know I had to mention it a little bit right? Everyone has an opinion about it. I of course think it's BS. Who knows though right? Someone posted on facebook about it being the 21st in New Zealand and they're still there, but D says it's not really the 21st until it's midnight in Mexico. Which doesn't make sense to me, but whatever lol. That's what he said.

So there is my post for today. I've got some more fun ones lined up! Including pictures of our Christmas ornament making and our cookie baking. So stay tuned for that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment