March 19, 2016

{I Got My FOID Card!!}

For those that don't know what that is it's a Firearms Owner Identification Card. And I got mine a couple weeks ago!
Why did I get a FOID Card? To be completely honest I got one because everyone seems to have one these days. Including both of my brothers, my sister-in-law and my brother-in-law (he hunts). Do got his a few years ago and since taking his concealed carry class (a fond getting his license), he has kind of been pushing for me to get mine too.

I wasn't too gung-ho about it until recently. Like the last few months actually. I've recently just gotten really nervous about being home at night without him. Which is rough because D works nights and it's not uncommon for me to be on my own with the kids. I'd really just like to know that if I hear someone break in or hear someone messing around, I'm protected and so are the kids. Not that I couldn't grab one D's but I kind of like the idea of being familiar with the gun and not having to wonder if I'm doing it right.
Will I get my concealed carry? Yes. Again, not because I necessarily feel like I need to keep a gun in my bag, but at the same time it's getting a little nuts these days. And I'd like to know that should I need to protect myself, it's there. I most likely won't carry it in my bag all the time. But D says he would have a little more peace of mind when my sister and I are off somewhere on our own (like when we went two hours away to pick up her puppy) knowing someone in the car had protection. Just in case.
I have to be honest though, I'm scared to hold a gun..well not really hold but to shoot. We went to the range the other day to check out what they had. I picked out a 22 revolver (I hope I'm getting that right lol). The lady working there said that I should start with that. I can't say that I'd ever need any other gun lol. I'm not D I don't need 10 of them.  Just one will be fine.
I wouldn't shoot while we were there though.  I'm scared. I've never shot a gun before. And my vision sucks even with my glasses. So I'm afraid I won't hit the target. That might be a stupid fear lol. But it's one I have. I think I'll just wait to go with my sister so we can both be nervous together.
Have any of you ever fired a gun? Do you own one? Does your husband or boyfriend?

0 comments:

Post a Comment