March 21, 2016

{Best Night of My Life! #AllAmericanTour }

I am aware that I've given birth twice and gotten married to a man I love dearly. But I'm just going to be completely honest here, I think Saturdays Nick Carter show tops all three of those. I'm not even sorry I feel that way lol. I am over the moon about the events of that day and I'm going to share them with you right now!

D and I wanted to get to Chicago early, not only to beat the traffic but because we wanted enough time to find a place to park and have lunch. Not to mention he had never been to the House of Blues before so he wanted to have a little time to check it out too I think (even though he won't admit that lol).


We made really good time taking the scenic route instead of the interstate the whole way. Stopped at Arby's for lunch and got to Chicago around 3:30pm I think. We found the HOB thanks to GPS and pulled around to park. Of course we were in the valet line so we had to find self parking (which the parking attendant was zero help with, just motioning for us to go the other way). It didn't take long before we found a spot. I was so excited! I'd been to HOB once before (for the Now or Never tour in 02) but we didn't walk around the area or anything like that. Today we had plenty of time to do that. We went right to HOB where we saw a line already making its way down the side of the building (these were VIP girls). On the inside we saw there were more VIP girls waiting. It was pretty crazy. There had to be at least 50 girls waiting to get in there for their before show meet and greet.

We checked out the space a little bit.

The Blues Brothers lol

After that we walked around the area a little bit. There was nothing too exciting happening. We stopped at Subway and had a little snack. Neither of us were actually hungry and I knew if I drank too much I was gonna have to pee every five minutes because #momproblems. 

We headed back to HOB to stand in line. Freezing a little bit since it was pretty cold out. At around 5:00pm security came out and started checking tickets and giving out wrist bands.


We were in the pit! Which means we were down front and up close. I was pretty much geeking out at this point lol.

They opened the doors at around 5:30pm and started letting everyone in. Which was mainly a pat down and more waiting.

Finally inside the venue and past the ticket people we headed right for the merchandise booth. Now this is where it gets ridiculous. We stood in line for merchandise for at least an hour because they weren't set up. I have been to a lot of concerts and not once have I ever been to one where the merchandise wasn't ready to buy the minute you walked in. Can you say annoying?!

This is also where the night got super interesting. While waiting in line chatting with fellow Nick lovers, the ladies in front of me started talking about a deal they had where if you buy $100 worth of merchandise, you get a selfie with Nick! I wasn't going to do it. I didn't think I could handle it. I mean, I've been totally in love with this guy for 19 years I didn't think I could make it through meeting him without crying or having some kind of heart attack lol. But by the time I got up there, I decided to go for it. I bought an autographed CD, a hoodie, and a t-shirt. All of which added up to $105 and I got my yellow band!


The opening act Riley Biederer was pretty good. If I could find her whole album on Google Play I would definitely buy it. Apparently she was on the voice at some point, I don't watch that show so I didn't know anything about her.


Of course the part I was waiting for was Nick. And he was amazing. He did all the best songs from all three of his albums. He put on an amazing show and I was screaming and jumping and sweating my ass off for the whole show. Of course my camera was hating me so the pictures from that didn't turn out that great. But the pictures from my phone did!




Oh! D found a way to make it through the show as well..


He stuck subway napkins in his ears lol. He got major points for going with me from all the girls standing around us. He even shot some pictures and a video of me freaking out. But it didn't turn out that well so I'm not posting it lol.

So lets get to the best part, the selfie! After the show everyone with a yellow band lined up and stood on stairs for a good long time. Then it was time! I had let a girl in front of me borrow my phone because hers kept freezing on her, so he already had my phone (ahh! He touched my phone!) and I just walked up, we took two pictures and I walked away. I don't even think I said anything. He did however call me sweetheart (which he calls everyone lol). It was so fast. But I was so nervous and I'm so glad I went ahead and did it. Best night of my life. 19 years in the making people! Everyone always said You're never going to meet him and They don't even know you exist but he does!! I am literally that 13 year old girl on the inside right now, screaming and dying from sheer excitement!

Ahhhhh!!!


post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment