June 27, 2013

{Road Trippin Part 9 or Maremac Caverns}

On our way to St. Louis this past weekend we saw signs for some place called Meramac Caverns, I had never heard of it, but D had been there when he was a kid with his dad. So we decided that if Magic House didn't take long then we'd go ahead and head to the caverns. Let me just say, it was a trip worth the time and money! The kids loved it. We had lunch upon arrival and the food was pretty good. G and D were going to do the zip line but we decided it would take too much time and the rest of us would have to wait for them to get done doing it.

The caverns themselves were amazing (and freezing so if you're going, bring a jacket). I'll let the pictures speak for themselves :)












After the caverns we took a boat trip :) We saw turtles..lots of turtles. And I saw a snake in the water..at that point I was ready to get off the boat lol.






And there you have it. :) I highly recommend the tour and the boat ride. They were both fun and it was something unplanned that we just happened upon. Those are what make a vacation and adventure :).

0 comments:

Post a Comment