July 28, 2017

{Cleaning Up My Act | Eating Cleaner}


With my recent back issues, it has become more and more apparent that I need to lose weight. Not just because I look like a huge tub of lard, but because it's really taking a toll on my body. When I had started losing weight before, my back issues pretty much disappeared. Not only that but I'm noticing that my skin is breaking out quite a bit these days and my face is all greasy. Now, I know that it's summer and I always get a little greasy in the summer, this is just insane. So when I sat down to make my grocery list last night for Friday, I hopped on Pinterest (as usual) and went on a search for how to meal prep and some healthier, cleaner, less processed foods that I can eat. I think I found some good ones and I thought I'd share them with you!

Now I am not delusional my friends. I am not completely giving up anything. I just want to change my eating habits. Instead of buying Lean Cuisines (which I do enjoy), I'd rather make the meals myself. Instead of picking up a burger at McDonald's, I want to skip it and know that I have something tasty waiting for me at home.

1. No cook snacks
I am a snacker! I need things that I can grab when I'm feeling snacky that aren't a bag of chips (even though I do love those). I don't like raspberries, greek yogurt, or roast beef. So I decided to go with those. But I'm more than happy with the other goodies. And I honestly can't wait to break these open once I make them lol.

2. Chicken Burrito Bowl
I am so excited to make this!

3. Salmon and Summer Veggies
I'm not usually a fish person, I just think I haven't found the right combo for me to like it. I do enjoy catfish but it has to be fresh caught. Like from the lake, to the camp fire. But when I saw this I thought it looked really good. So I want to attempt it.

4. Smoothies!
I have been wanting to get into smoothies for a while but I never really knew what to combine and what to use as a base. It was all confusing to me. So finding this helped me out a lot. I can't wait to be able to grab these baggies out of the fridge and know that what I'm putting in there is good and good for me.


So those are just a few things I'm going to try out this shopping trip. I've got a few more recipes that are weight watchers friendly that I want to try out. Hopefully this will help me out with my weight loss.

What are your go to recipes for weight loss? Do you meal prep?

-Kristin

0 comments:

Post a Comment