July 21, 2017

{This is Worse Than Labor!}

What have I been up to the last few days? Well that's easy folks. I've been bouncing between the recliner and my bed all week. Pretty much living with the heating pad attached to my back until I'm almost asleep (and to be honest if I could get it to stay in one spot, I'd sleep with it there too).


Today is the worst of it though. I woke up in so much pain that I was thinking about going to the doctor. Even knowing that they wouldn't be able to actually do anything except give me muscle relaxers and stronger pain meds. I figured maybe I should go before it gets to the point where I'm crawling from the living room to the bathroom (cause that's happened).

Instead D went and got me some old people cream, one of those air activated heating pads (which doesn't work by the way), and some extra strength Tylenol. I have to say, the creams aren't really working. But the Tylenol is dulling the pain at least. I'm still sitting with the heating pad though. I'm so glad I spent the money on it.

For those wondering what's happening with my back. There are a couple theories. It's either  a herniated disk or a pinched nerve. I have zero idea which. I do know that when I have D push on the small of my back it helps a lot, and I'm actually able to stand up straight without getting a sharp pain all the way down my leg.

Oh, that's another fun fact. Not only does my back hurt, but it sends a shooting pain all the way down my left leg. This is the leg that has the hardware in it (cause I shattered it). Which means my ankle then begins to throb. It's not actually painful, but it's certainly uncomfortable.

So that's what's happening with me right now.

You're probably now wondering how my back is hurting like this in the first place? What could a 34 year old have done to her back to be in this much pain? Well, I know that part of it is my weight. I need to lose it. Blah. But it's also because of my own stupidity.

I'm not sure if I've talked about this on here before.

Me and my sister at the Bedrock City camp ground in Arizona. (Ignore those awful clothes omg)

Do you all see that black belt around my back in the above picture? That's not a fashion statement, that is a back brace. 

I know you all have heard that stories of the trips I took with my grandparents when I was a kid. And I know I've posted the California trip pictures before, but I don't believe I've ever talked about what almost ended our trip.

One night, while laying around in a hotel room one night, I decided I wanted a cup of tea from the cooler my grandma had brought in. My grandpa wouldn't get up and get it for me (and why would he? I was 15 lol). So I decided that standing up on the end of the bed would be an amazing idea to get said tea. 

Upon trying to step off the bed, my foot got tangled in the sheets at the end of the bed. My feet stayed on the bed, I caught myself on the dresser at the end of the bed, and my stomach was touching the floor. I was essentially doing an upside down back bend. My grandma called the chiropractor and he said that he could see me when we got back, and if I wasn't in serious pain that I didn't need to spend the night in an ER. But that we should find a Walgreens and get me a back brace asap. So, my friends, that is why my back goes out sometimes. Usually, like I said, if I have over done it. 

What do you do to help your back pain if you have it? 

-Kristin

0 comments:

Post a Comment