July 5, 2017

{4th of July 2017}


So I'm sitting here half ass watching Nerve (thank you Amazon Prime!) and I figured I should go ahead and post about all the shenanigans that went down yesterday. Then I realized that there were no actual shenanigans yesterday. So I'll just tell you about my insanely boring 4th of July.

First of all, the weather forecast called for rain in the afternoon. So we all pretty much just sat around and waited for that to happen. Mother Nature did not disappoint around 3pm she decided to release a down pour on central Illinois. I kept checking the towns Facebook page to see if the show had been canceled..since you know fire and water don't actually mix very well.

At 4pm D went to get Tristen because he said he wanted to come to the fireworks with us. We decided that if it hadn't been canceled by 5pm (since the gates to the stadium open at 6pm) that it probably wasn't going to.

We were right. They didn't cancel. Woohoo!

So we lined up and in we went. Sitting in our usual spot on the bleachers. We got tacos from the taco truck and lemon shakeups (my favorite part of the fireworks fun). And waited for the sun to go down and the lights to turn off.



The fireworks show was enjoyable as usual. But whoever chose the music to go along with the show needs to never be allowed to do it again. The majority of the music was Christian rock/pop, a couple regular pop songs, and two patriotic songs the entire night (not including the one they play every year as the flag is being lowered). It was less than entertaining. 



Because of the rain only about half the people who usually show up were there. So getting out of the parking lot and back home didn't make me want to pull out my hair...not all of it anyway.

So that was my 4th of July, how was yours?


-Kristin

0 comments:

Post a Comment