October 7, 2015

{Shania Twain Concert!}

If you've been following me on any of my social media then you probably already know that my mom scored tickets for the Shania Twain concert when she came to town Tuesday. My mom, sister, sister-in-law, and I all went and it was a good time! For not having toured in about 10 years she sure does know how to put on a show. I do have remind myself though that going to her concert and going to a Backstreet Boys concert are going to be different. It's a different group and a different energy. It's a little...calmer I guess lol. There wasn't as much screaming that's for sure.


I picked my sister and sister-in-law up and they made me take them to a bar to get a drink before. We were there maybe 15min and they each got a big ol' margarita lol. Neither of them finished it though thank God. I would have hated to see them if they would have. Just look at the size of that thing!

My sister in law.

When I finally got them out of there and in the car they made me stop at a gas station to buy cigarettes (for my sister-in-law) and more alcohol (mikes hard something or another) which they didn't end up drinking all of between the ride from the gas station to my moms house.

The only one not drunk by this point was me. Which was fine, I was never a drinker anyway.

My mom was pretty annoyed though that we were "late" even though there was no set time to be at her house. Unless there was some mystery text that never showed up in my inbox. She got over it though. She had no choice.

I was kind of glad to not be the only sober one in the car anymore lol.

Our seats were decent. We were upper bowl but not nose bleed. We had a good view of the stage. For this kind of concert (one that I'm not stupid excited about haha) that kind of seat is fine. Normally I prefer to be on the floor and right up by the stage.

The opening act was Gavin Degraw..who we did not know lol. Someone told me later that he did the opening song for One Tree Hill or something? I don't know. I didn't watch the show, but he wasn't really my cup of tea. He was really maroon fivey. I enjoy me some maroon five and all but he was not them..he just seemed like he was trying to be.


He went out in the audience at one point and ended up taking a beer from one of the guys that walks around with them..said "somebody give this guy $7" Then the guy just stood around waiting to be paid lol. Dude..you're not famous enough for random people to buy you a $7 beer lol.


 He played the longest opening act set I've ever seen. To a room full of country folks. I was super done with him by the time he finished.

Shania came on with a bang! I've got several good pictures of her performance. Of course she did all the hits Who's Bed (have your boots been under), From this Moment, Still the One, and That Don't Impress Me. She also did a few that I'd never heard and a couple that I'd heard but also weren't super popular. 










At one point she even received a hat from one of her fans. She wore it for the first half of the show. I thought that was pretty nice.


After the show was almost over we left (mom had to be up at 5am and I was kind of getting sick). We made it to moms house and she got me some Excedrin Migraine. Best headache med ever! I took the girls back to their car (they were sober by then). I was feeling like dog shit at that point. 

I went right home and passed out lol. 

So there you have it, my Shania Twain experience ;)

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment