October 25, 2015

{2nd Grade is Awesome!}

Owen has been talking about his open house for two weeks. I love going to stuff like this! I love seeing his classroom and walking around to see what he's doing all day. I love watching him interact with the other kids a little bit and hear about how much he's growing. It's probably one of my favorite parts of him being in school. 

So naturally tonight he was so ready to show me around. 

The first thing he said when we got to his school was you can take pictures of me if you want! He never voluntarily lets me take his picture.
We stopped and saw all his art work in the hall and of course I took pictures.



We saw where he sits and his cute little self portrait lol.

I signed up to volunteer for everything his class does that might need a volunteer for. I missed a lot of that stuff with Gaige and Dawn, I don't want to with Owen. So far I've been on every field trip (except one when I broke my ankle) and every party but one (cause I just couldn't handle his teacher).
We went and saw his music room..not exciting. We were going to see the learning center but it was so crowded in the halls that we passed on that.
I loved every single minute of it :). Of course, it was different being alone for it. My grandparents have always been there for the kids things. My grandpa wouldn't have missed it. But I got through it and I'm glad I did :). 

He was so cute showing me everything and talking about what everything was. 

We were only there for about 30 minutes but it was a good time.

Of course when we left we stopped at our favorite ice cream place for a treat. Pretty sure that was the high light of Owens night lol. He had been asking to stop for a week and I hadn't in a while. 

So there we have it. My little boy is growing up so fast. This year is half over already and next year is his last year at this school. I just can't believe it. He shouldn't be old enough to go to the big kids school. Sigh

0 comments:

Post a Comment