October 3, 2014

{7yrs ago Today}

I don't even know where to begin. This post comes every year and with each one comes tears. My little baby isn't so much a baby anymore. The little baby that was perminantly attached to my boob is gone. The toddler that followed me from room to room is gone. And in front of me stands this little boy. This amazingly smart, funny, sweet little boy. I'm upset that those times are gone but I'm excited to watch his personality develope even more. I can't wait to watch him grow into an amazing kid and an even more amazing adult. Those times don't need to hurry though. I am perfectly OK with taking my time and enjoying every single second of his childhood.

I know that he can't stay a baby forever. Before long he won't want mommy to cuddle him or sleep in my bed. He won't need me to make his chicken nuggets or to pour his chocolate milk. Before I realize it he will be telling me he's going out with his friends and bringing home girls. *Shudders*

But for right now, I am going to soak in every single experience and memory until he doesn't want me to be around as much. Which I hope is many many years in the future.

And while I'm at it, I got his progress report today :). He is right on target with where he should be right now. Guys, he is seriously so smart. I can't believe he is my kid lol. Gaige has so much trouble in school and Owen just doesn't.

Also I sent him to school today with Munchkins from Dunkin Donuts. I am told they were quite the hit ;).

So here we go with another year. I can only imagine what his 7th year will bring.

0 comments:

Post a Comment