March 29, 2014

{Well that was unexpected)

Ugh. What a way to start the weekend.

D woke me up this morning saying, "don't let anyone use the shower..I just broke the bottom."

For those of you that don't know we have had a problem with this tub since we moved in. The people we bought it from never bothered to tell us that there was a massive crack on the bottom of the tub. We found this out when D tried to take a shower that first night.

We have been patching it for the last few years because we wanted enough money and time to do all the bathroom. New floors, paint, put tile in, ect. But we could never seem to come up with the money to do it all.

A few days ago I told him when I went to step out I heard the tub crack and pop. He said he didn't want to deal with it right then. So it didn't get dealt with.

This morning he almost put his whole foot through the tub. Nice right? He was going to just patch it again but I guess he got pissed off at it lol. Cassie said that he ripped it out and took a hammer to it. Which didn't surprise me.

So he ripped out the plastic walls and then discovered when he ripped the tub out all the way that the boards under it (including one of the main support beams) was rotten. What was annoying about it was that some of the plywood was newer. Meaning that the people we bought the house from had replaced some of it but then just put the broken tub back over the other rotten boards!! Are you kidding me??

Everything came out and we went to Lowes and got the replacement wood. We also bought a new tub (obviously). Its being installed tomorrow.

Tonight though, there is a massive hole in my bathroom. And I am not a happy camper about it.

I am glad its finally getting done though. I know this isn't the way we wanted it to happen and we didn't really have the money for it (he dipped into the Disney fund). But in the long run its best cause the patch jobs weren't holding very long anymore.

So yeah, that's what happened on our Friday. How was yours?

0 comments:

Post a Comment