January 30, 2014

{Le Sigh}

I do not know what to do with these kids anymore. If its not Dawn getting in trouble for refusing to do her work its Gaige. I would have never told a teacher "no" when asked to do something.Did I play stupid quite a bit and pretend to not know the answer so that she wouldn't ask me again? You bet. But I never just flat out refused to do as I was told. Apparently these 2 believe this is OK. Why I don't know cause telling an adult "no" at home (or at grandmas) usually gets them a pop in the mouth (yeah yeah I don't care if you don't like it it happens).  I will not stand for my kids to grow up thinking they can talk that way to authority figures. Be it a teacher or a relative. That shit does not fly with me.

Last week I was picking up Dawn after an after school detention because she refused to do her work. She just flat out refuses to do it and doesn't care if she gets in trouble for it. Then she sits there and makes noises and disrupts the class. I just don't get that at all. If its confusing and frustrating, then say you don't get it. Don't throw a tantrum and think that's how you get out of doing the work. She knows she will have to do it at home or recess if she doesn't get it done at school. Ugh.

And today I had to have a meeting with both of Gaiges teachers because he is refusing to work now too. He hasn't done this since the beginning of the year. We got it handled and now its happening again. And I dont know if its because we are hardly in school anymore or what (due to the weather) but it has to stop. It has gotten so ridiculously out of hand that he is testing at a kindergarten level now and in Sept he was almost at 3rd grade. He just didn't want to do the test and that's all it was. Cause I know he's not at a kindergarten level. So today they decided that because he likes to just sit by himself at recess (which kind of makes me really sad cause he should have friends) and listen to his mp3 player that maybe that could be his reward for a good morning of working. Normally they don't allow electronic devices at recess but they are willing to make that exception if it will motivate him to work. And when I got him in the car I told him if this kept going on his weekends would be spent at home doing chores rather than going to his grandparents house where he wants to be. So yeah. Maybe this will kick him in the ass a littlebit and make him knock it off. Who knows though. I have his IEP meeting in a couple weeks. I'm not excited about it at all.

I'm just at my wits end with those 2. Owen is doing great in school though..

0 comments:

Post a Comment