August 4, 2013

{Backstreets Back Alright!! #InaWorldLikeThisTour }

On Thursday night I was so exhausted/excited that I went to bed at 10:30pm. For those who follow me on facebook/twitter you know this is highly unusual for me. And honestly I thought there was no way I was going to be able to sleep the night before. But I did, until 4am. *sigh* I got up and proceeded to start my day after I laid in bed for an hour trying to go back to sleep. I'd wanted to get all the running done Friday morning so I wouldn't have anything to do today (Saturday) except veg out.

As it turns out, I got my running done except I was running late by the time I was done. D wanted to leave at 1:30 and I pulled up to the house after dropping the kids off with my grandparents at 1:30. Luckily I could do my hair in the car and I'd already showered and everything lol. So I was good to go. We picked up my mom and were on the road by 2pm.


We made amazing time until we got to Joliet. It literally took us an hour to get 4 miles. Ridiculous. And there was no construction. The cones were out but the road wasn't torn up or anything. Both lanes could have been open. I suspect this is done regularly to keep traffic under control.

When we got through that I started searching for everything I needed to take. Tickets and phone were both visible, as was my camera. What was missing was the SD card! When we stopped for a bathroom break I searched the gas station hoping to find one with no luck :(. Upside, just as we were entering Chicago I spotted a Target! D ran in and got me one, saving the day :).

We got to the venue, FirstMerit Bank Pavilion and parked. That was where D was going to wait while we were at the show. We road the trolly to where we were supposed to enter and I kinda started freaking out lol. I was so excited!!

We stood in line for Merchandise right off the bat cause I didn't want to chance them not having everything after the show. Which it was a good thing we did that (you'll find out why in a minute). We stood in line forever and I needed up with a t-shirt and a canvas bag :). I'm super happy with where my $95 went. Yeah. A little expensive right? I wasn't really shocked though, I'm a veteran concert goer ;).


And at the Merchandise booth is where we found out this was not going to be smooth sailing. A girl in line next to us was saying that she paid for VIP passes (to get into rehearsals and such). They had to wait 3 hours to get in because the fire marshal wouldn't let them open. For real. If I'd paid that kind of money I would have been pissed. Then she said they (either the pavilion or the fire marshal) wanted them to end the VIP part early. Like really?? Ugh.

We took our seats which were pretty damn good if you ask me. And proceeded to wait.

At 8pm a little boy came on stage, we all knew exactly who it was right away! Baylee!! Brians son :) He is so friggin' cute I can't even handle it lol. He sang Fantasy by Mariah Carey and another song that I can't remember lol.

After him was Pauly D.

And then Jesse McCartney. He wasn't too bad. I'm not a fan but I understood why they would want him to open for them :).

And then it was time! The moment we had all been waiting for. And it was GLORIOUS!! 












A video played while they did a wardrobe change.









 Another wardrobe change and another video.


Just as they were finishing The One the lights came on. We all thought it was part of the show but it wasn't. Kevin said that the city of Chicago was shutting them down because it was 11pm and it was curfew!! The boys were PISSED as were all the fans. They tried to get them to let them do one more song, but they refused. They threatened jail time and a hefty fine if they didn't leave the stage and get all the fans out right now. We didn't even get the full effing show!! I didn't get a video of all this but I found one on youtube :).

I am still so pissed off about it that I could punch someone. For real. Complete friggin' BS. But what's really shitty is even if they do do another date in Chicago I can't afford tickets. So I'm hoping that if you got a ticket for this show that it'll work for another date. Cause that is BS. I found the set list, they were supposed to do 5 more songs!! FIVE!! They didn't even get to perform In a World Like This! BULLSHIT!!!

And just so Chicago knows, you can kiss my ass. Unless the above happens, I won't be setting foot in that city EVER again.

Over all though, until they shut it down cause they're douche bags, it was uh-may-zing!! :) BSB never disappoints :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment