June 23, 2017

{Backstreet Boys in Vegas!}


I don't think I can even express how excited I was to finally be in the same area as my boys. I really could have cried. What's funny about me though is that, I hate large crowds of people. I hate being touched by strangers. I hate dealing with strangers. I don't like tight spaces either. So it surprises me how much I really love going to concerts. For those that have never been to a concert, those are all things you deal with the entire time you're at the show. It's amazing what I will put myself through to be near those guys.


We got to the Axis area around 7pm. There was already a line but because our feet hurt so bad we sat the Halo bar that is situated right outside the venue. Around 7:30 I saw that it was getting a little long though so I thought we should get in line, since the doors were going to open at 8pm. Lucky we did, cause about five minutes after we got in line it reached all the way down the hall way. Security was scrambling to get the people to stay where they needed to be so anyone not going to the show could still walk through the area.

We weren't in line long before they started scanning tickets and giving out pit wrist bands. They moved us to the line with the other pit ticket holders and we were the first to go through the metal detectors and be let into the venue waiting area. Standing in line at a concert is always so much fun. I love the energy and knowing that everyone there is there because they have a love for the Backstreet Boys just like I do. We are all excited to be there and ready to be there. We're all fans. It makes the small spaces and strangers tolerable.

Standing in line waiting for them to let us into the venue, we saw the guys walking to the stage...so that was enjoyable and everyone screamed lol.


The minute they started letting us into the actual venue, shit got crazy. The minute the ropes dropped everyone from the pit started running toward where we would stand until we actually got in to the stage area. Pretty sure the people in front of me almost trampled a lady walking in front of us. It was pretty nuts. Had me thinking of the days when girls would rush their bus and stuff lol. We all lined up in a small hallway leading to the stage area and that is where we stood until 8pm on the dot. While standing there I saw a girl walk past me with a souvenir cup so of course I looked at D and said I need a drink! He came through with two daiquiri's (mine with light alcohol because I haven't had a drink in a really long time lol).


Entering the pit is always an experience in it's own right. All of us are so excited and we want to be as close to the boys as possible. I'm usually somewhere in the back. Not this time folks! I was right down front just a few feet from my beloved Backstreet Boys! I could not believe it!


The show started around 9:30 and lasted until 11pm. The entire time I was just in complete friggin' awe of these guys. They've been doing this for 24 years and they still have us all jumping, dancing, and screaming like we're fifteen. They danced and sang and entertained. We screamed and screamed and screamed some more.










 And a couple videos.



Shortly after the show started D moved to the back of the pit and left me to my screaming (I wasn't paying any attention to him anyway lol). While back there, he took pictures and video from his point of view too! Keeper!! The videos he took were too long to post here, but I did find this one lol.

I don't think it's surprising that this was one of the best nights of my life! I can't wait for them to go on tour again. I'm definitely getting VIP with meet and greets next time. I mean, I probably won't talk cause I'll be too nervous, but the pic will be worth it lol.

-Kristin

0 comments:

Post a Comment