November 7, 2009

{Oh help me! I've caught it!}



photo credit: flickr

I know, Christmas is about 7wks away (holy crap 7wks!) but I just can't help but be in the spirit this year. I'm not sure what it is. Maybe it's because Bug is finally old enough to fully grasp the concept of gifts, which means playing more with the toys than with the boxes. Or maybe it's this Secret Santa I'm participating in on my chihuahua forum. Who knows the reason. I'm just so blissfully happy that it's almost that time of year! Aren't you? Aren't you all just extatic that in just a few weeks you'll be able to say "Merry Christmas" to everyone you meet?! *Sigh* I love it! I can't wait for Bug to experience all the fun stuff I got to show G and the drama queen at his age. I can't wait for him to see the Festival of Lights and be able to pay attention to the parade lol. I can't wait to then take him to Folepi's Winter Wonderland after the parade, which is 1 of my favorite parts of Christmas. I'm just so excited! Aside from all the festivities in my neighborhood, I'm also super excited about the crafty-ness of what I discovered on a DIY site.



Aren't those cute? I think they are just adorable. I'm excited to do them too. I seem to be excited about a lot of things this year. I thought the kids would enjoy doing them. It's something we can do together that would last forever. Ya know? Plus, for the past 6yrs I've been buying 1 ornament per child and that's expensive. Except for Bug because I wanted to make his and I just never did. I think I found a great way to catch him up though lol. Woohoo! I can't wait to show you all the finished product. I'm going to make a few testers tomorrow and see how they turn out. We went to get my ribbon and the varnish tonight. Yay! lol :)

While I'm on the subject of Christmas..time out...Bug is attempting to wear my bra lmao.



OK, back on track. My sister and I took Monkey (my 2yr old nephew) and Bug to the mall. They had the Santas Village set up, we let the boys ride the train :).



We also went to Build-A-Bear and my sister bought both boys a puppy..it's adorable! All the pictures I have of him with it though are blurry cause he doesn't ever stop moving lol.


2 comments:

  1. Please don't remind me about how close Christmas is! lol.

    I haven't even thought about Christmas shopping ideas/baking/food/etc. We're going on vacation for the week of Christmas, though, which I'm looking forward to!

    Those cookies are adorable, btw. Good luck with the baking!

    <3 Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm :) your cookies look yummy

    ReplyDelete