December 19, 2017

{Finally a Productive Weekend!}

I swear it feels like it's been a year since I got anything done around this house. But I seem to have gotten myself on a pretty good roll this weekend. No clue where the burst of energy came from.
But I'll take it just the same!

Saturday D and I got an early start. We went to Target, Costco, and Kohl's. Finding only a few things at each store that we wanted but still...got some things done. Target had the new tracker I wanted for Christmas and so D got me that (but I can't have it until Christmas morning...party pooper). We also picked up some essentials (razors, shampoo, ect.). Costco was kind of a bust. We really just needed hamburger and some dry goods. So we picked those up. Normally I spend most of our grocery budget there but we are noticing that they're raising their prices quite a bit lately and we aren't into it at all. We headed to Bass Pro but they weren't open so we ran to Kohl's. We got Dawn two more pairs of pants on sale. And picked up Owen two more pairs of gloves (cause the ones we just bought are missing). I even stopped in at Ulta and took advantage of a half off Tarte foundation they had going on. Worth it!!
In the afternoon I started going through Owens clothes to see what he might need for winter. I just bought him four pairs of jeans but I needed to get the clothes that were too small out of drawers so they weren't being worn. I hate dropping him at school and seeing him in jeans that are a little too short. It makes me insane.
I also cleaned my room. I swear I haven't been able to see the floor for a month, but I just couldn't get myself in the mood to deal with all the laundry that'd piled up. Somehow I managed to get the dirty stuff washed and the clean hung up. So I'm pretty happy right now.
Sunday we visited D's grandma for a little while in the morning. Figured out what's going to happen with Christmas for that side. I guess we are going to their house. His aunt (who lives with his grandma) isn't up for sitting at our house (she is in the early stages of Alzheimer's and doesn't really do well with being out of her normal surroundings). So those plans are set now.
When we got home I continued washing clothes that were found in Owens room the previous day and even located some more. So I bagged everything up (even like ten pairs of socks and a pair of minion slippers) that I'm taking to work with me for a lady there. So that's done. Now I don't have to worry about him wearing clothes that are too small and I know what he needs.
In the afternoon and evening I continued doing laundry in hopes that I would get it all done. Even washed Owens bedding. I got it done. It won't last. There is already some clothes in the hamper that could be washed. It never ends honestly. #momlife right?
So how was your weekend? Anything exciting happen? Get your Christmas shopping done?

0 comments:

Post a Comment