November 29, 2017

{Santa Claus is Coming to Town! | What I'm Getting My Teenage Daughter for Christmas?}

Why is it that the older kids get, the harder they are to buy for? Not only does it get harder to buy for them, but it gets so much more expensive. It's insane. I don't know how my grandparents did it to be honest.

But I think I have it narrowed down to some good stuff so far. I'm not even close to done Christmas shopping so I think some of this might change, but for the most part, this is what she's getting both under the tree and in her stocking. So here we go!

Under the tree was really hard this year. We started out thinking that a hope chest would be a good idea. I got one when I was sixteen from my grandma and she slowly filled it with things I would need when I finally moved out on my own. I can't tell you how grateful I was to have those things because I pretty much didn't have to get anything new when I got my first place with Gaige's SD. It was nice to know that I was set up.


But not too long ago D said that we shouldn't do that. That she's still a little young for something like that. So our plans changed (even though I think he's crazy and she will appreciate it when the time comes for her move out).

So instead we got her a FujiFilm Instax Mini 9 with a bunch of extras.


We happened to be passing one of these at Costco and I thought hey! That's something Dawn would like! So we got on Amazon and picked up the whole kit! I think she's really going to enjoy it. She loves to take pictures of herself lol. And now I don't have to worry about them showing up on the internet for creeps. Win Win.

Next up is clothes. I had a bunch of Kohl's cash so I picked her up five new shirts, which will be paired with five new pairs of jeans. The girl is forever trying to convince us to get her new clothes. Why? I have no idea. She doesn't out grow them really. She just gets bored with them and wants new ones. The issue with this is that she would have me maxing out credit cards to fund her wardrobe revamp every few weeks if I would do it. Which I won't.

She's also getting this thing. She has a flat iron. We bought it for her last year. But she insists that one of these would make her life so much easier and her hair would be shiny and beautiful with it. So when I saw it at Aldi for $14 I picked it up. I have no doubt that this will not only not live up to her expectations but will probably end up in the trash lol. But whatever.


I'm thinking about also getting her some kind of recipe book. She likes her foods class, and enjoys baking.

I also picked her up some makeup brushes at Walmart the other day. Nothing fancy, just one of those $5 kits they have in the stocking stuffer section this time of year.

It was easier to buy for her when she wanted to be a Disney Princess lol.

Her stocking was a little easier. I'm going with things she can use rather than things she's going to "play with" or display in her room.

1. Makeup bag
2. Hair ties
3. Socks (four pairs)
4. Deodorant (a mini to keep in her book bag)
5. Candy Coal
6. Bobby Pins
7. Lip balm
8. Mini hair brush
9. Gum

I'm sure there will be things added to these lists. In fact, I know there will be. So be sure to check back after Christmas to see what made it under the tree and in her stocking!
-Kristin

0 comments:

Post a Comment