September 20, 2017

{Controversial Parenting Questions Tag!}

I found this YouTube and thought it might get the convo started around here ;). Please be nice though if you're going to comment.

Remember that these are MY opinions. And I'm allowed to have them. Just like you are.


Prolife/Pro Choice: I feel like I'm pro-choice for everyone else, but I'm pro-life for myself. Like I could never have an abortion, but in certain situations I understand why someone would.

Baby wearing: I didn't baby wear either of my boys, but I did hold them a lot. In fact, if there was someone in the house chances are they were being held lol. My grandpa would come in from work when Gaige was a baby and pick him up right off the bat. It didn't matter if he was sleeping.

I have heard people say don't hold them too much and don't pick them up every time they cry, and for me that's just stupid. Babies need to be held and feel loved and wanted. They need to know that you're going to be there when they want you. Everything else could always wait when my babies needed me, whatever the reason.

Circumcision: Both of my boys are circumcised. I am aware that it isn't medically necessary. I am aware that some people would rather not do it. That's their choice. Mine was to get it done.

Adoption: Well obviously I'm for it lol. I would personally would have loved to adopt.

Baby Piercing: I personally think it's stupid. Why are you putting holes in your perfect newborn baby? Chances are they're just going to pull them out anyway. Why not just wait until she asks for them to be done?

Breastmilk vs Formula:  My opinion on this is that breast is best, but I'm fully aware that some women can't breastfeed and there's no shame in that. You should at least give it a try though. I formula fed Gaige, even though I wanted to nurse him so badly. Had I gotten a decent lactation consultant I probably would have nursed him. But nope. I got a crap one who didn't want to do her job that day. We had so many issues with his tummy and I was positive if I just would have nursed him he would have been just fine.

I breastfed Owen for three years. It was hell for the first couple months but then we figured it out and got the hang of it. I wouldn't trade that time I spent bonding with him for the world.

Cry it Out vs Other: I hate the CIO method. I think it's awful. A baby is crying because it needs something or wants to be near you. What the hell is wrong with that? I didn't sleep train my boys either though. They just gradually began sleeping at night and waking during the day. No one had a set schedule for the most part. I didn't pick them up every time they grunted in the middle of the night, but if it became a cry I would.

Spanking: For it. If more people swatted some little asses when their kids were little, I don't think we'd have such whiney adults today.

CoSleeping: Super for it. I coslept both of my boys. I loved every single second of it. It was so much easier with breast feeding too.

Medicating Children: Obviously I'm fine with it. We had Gaige on ADHD meds for a little while.

Cloth vs Disposable: I used disposable for both boys. But I did cloth diaper Owen for a little while because of his diaper rashes.

Store bought baby food vs Home made: I did store bought with both boys. With Gaige I was too poor to make my own and with Owen I was too busy. I don't see how this is even controversial lol.

So there you have it fellow moms. What do you think?


-Kristin

0 comments:

Post a Comment