November 4, 2013

{Dont Let Your Daughter Leave the House Like That!!}

Maybe I'm just old fashioned. Maybe it has to do with me being raised by my grandparents. But I feel like the way women (and girls) dress these days is just appalling. I can't be the only woman who feels that way right?
When did it become common for girls to wear more make up than clothes? When did it become seen as sexy to dress like you should be out standing on a corner?
Maybe its the country girl in me. I have always been a T-shirt and jeans kind of girl. I will opt for a hoodie and a nice pair of jeans any day of the weak. The last time I got dressed up (meaning more than clean jeans and make up) was my wedding lol. Don't get me wrong I'm all for a woman wearing what she feels comfortable in but come on women/girls, you can not be comfortable in shorts that could double as underwear and shirts so small they're damn near bra status.
And the more I see this, especially in preteens and teenagers, I think "where is that girls mother??" Where is she looking when she should be looking at what her daughter is wearing out of the house? Her phone? Her iPad? What? Cause she damn sure isn't looking at her 15yr old running around looking like something you would pick up outside a strip club in a dodgy neighborhood. Where is her father too cause he isn't blameless in this. I know more than once D has told his teenage daughter to change her clothes and that she isn't leaving in what she's wearing. And if memory serves, she went out of the house in pajamas because all the clothes she brought with her were skanky. Sorry. We don't condone that type of undress.
Just before it started getting cool out D told me he made the drama queen go change her clothes before school because she had pulled her shorts up far too high (knowing that I would never buy them that short). And I threw away a perfectly good cami because she wore it without a shirt over it to school. She got this past D by wearing a jacket and he didn't know it was so skimpy under. I will have no daughter of mine running around looking like a lifetime movie waiting to happen.  Sorry.
I'm not even going to try to blame this on the Mileys and Rihannas. Because they aren't the one buying the slutty clothes for your daughter to wear and they aren't responsible for making sure she doesn't look like a pro walking out the door. Its our job as parents. And as soon as parents start acting like parents again then our daughters will learn self respect and how to dress. Its really that simple.
Be a Hepburn in a Hilton world ladies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment