September 15, 2017

{Well That Would Have Been Easier! | 5 Things I Wish I Had With My Babies}

I have been a mama for almost fifteen years y'all. Fifteen. I have been through more 3am feedings, blow out diapers, ear infections, sleepless nights, and a few miserable hospital stays in those fifteen years. I have filled bottles with my eyes almost closed and spilled formula all over the kitchen table because I was so damn tired I couldn't focus my eyes. I don't know how I made it through those early years with Gaige. Well, yes I do, I had my grandparents to help. And along the way I learned how to make life a hell of a lot easier.


Like filling the bottles before I went to bed so I could just add water at night and not have to measure anything out.

With Owen it was a little easier. Instead of filling bottles I could just pop a boob in his mouth and he was satisfied. After a while I could do this pretty much in my sleep. Until we got his latch down though, it was hell.

These days though it seems there is a gadget to handle everything but actually changing diapers and raising the child. And I'm betting those are on the way!

So I thought I'd find some of the ones I wish I would have had when Gaige was a baby. With Owen everything seemed to be a little easier lol.



Say goodbye to the time and hassle of manually preparing baby's bottles. Introducing the Baby Brezza Formula Pro, the revolutionary new way of preparing your baby's formula bottles. This is a top item in our Baby Registry. The Formula Pro uses worldwide patent-pending technology to measure and mix water and powdered formula to the perfect temperature (about 98 degrees) and consistency. With the push of a button, you can prepare a bottle within seconds that has no air bubbles. The water and formula powder are stored in airtight compartments right in the machine, so it's always ready for you when your baby gets hungry. The machine works with most bottle sizes and most formula brands and types. You can also choose the amount of formula you want to make: 2, 4, 6, 8 or 10 ounces. The easiest way to prepare baby's bottles is now right at your fingertips.  Visit our Baby Registry for more big ideas for little ones. - Target

This one has to be my favorite. It makes the perfect bottle for your little one, every single time. No spilling, no over flowing bottles. No worrying about being half asleep making it. You just put the bottle in there, push a button and boom, bottle in the mouth and your sanity is saved for one more feeding.

I want to know where this thing was when I was battling through those middle of the night feedings with Gaige. For real. I swear I said to myself every single night, why is there not something to just make this for me? But I wasn't smart enough to come up with the idea on my own, and I wouldn't have been able to afford this thing if it had existed at that point. $179 might has well have been $10,000 at that point.

2. Baby Brezza Bottle Warmer

Baby Brezza Safe + Smart Bottle Warmer - Looking for the ideal bottle temperature? You’re getting warm. The Baby Brezza Safe + Smart Bottle Warmer features two warming options: steady for breastmilk, or fast for formula. It’s safe for breast milk because the steady mode uses water to warm it to body temperature in just minutes, which preserves essential nutrients. The quick mode uses steam to safely heat formula or milk quickly. What’s more, the Baby Brezza bottle warmer is smart and connected: it comes with a free Bluetooth compatible app that lets you control the warmer from your smartphone and alerts you when your bottle is warm and ready.

How many people were told not to warm their bottles in the microwave? I tended to just use warm water from the tap. I also warmed it in the microwave...I know...I'm a horrible mom. This would have come in really handy for when I left Owen with my grandparents though. I had a small stockpile of breast milk in the freezer and being able to just heat it up in this would have made life a little easier for my grandma.

3. Tommee Tippee Portable Bottle Warmer


Be more comfortable on the road with this Tommee Tippee closer to nature travel bottle & food warmer set. This portable bottle warmer does double duty as a portable food warmer too. The insulated stainless-steel flask is designed to house warm water that can heat up milk, formula or baby food while away from home. It's compact and great for longer car trips, airplane flights or even daycare.
Now this is something that I kind of had. Mine was crappy and didn't work. But it wrapped around the bottle and plugged into the cigarette lighter. It took a month of Sundays to get warm. It was easier to stop at a restaurant and ask them to warm it for me. I hated using it and rarely did.

This one looks like it might actually do what it's supposed to though. Holding warm water instead of relying on electricity to warm the bottle. The only downside I see is that this would only be good for one bottle or whatever you're trying to warm. I can't imagine the water staying warm for several uses.

Those are the only ones I came across that I would have liked to have had. What are some things they have now that they didn't have when you had your babies?

-Kristin

0 comments:

Post a Comment